Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlemen vs. Stock

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 09:49 AM
HotVrod
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Saddlemen vs. Stock

To any of you that have had the chance...I am going with a new seat..heated. is there any reason to consider a stock seat over say the Saddlemen road sofa model?

The following users liked this post:
freebrd (04-29-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 09:52 AM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

Saddlemen: More plush and comfortable for longer rides. Adds about an inch to ride height and leg reach to ground.
Stock: Looks better (personal opinion). What I put on for around town riding.

Old 04-28-2016, 10:02 AM
HotVrod
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Hate Work
Saddlemen: More plush and comfortable for longer rides. Adds about an inch to ride height and leg reach to ground.
Stock: Looks better (personal opinion). What I put on for around town riding.
This one I am looking at is the low profile or "reach" type...I currently have a leather corbin "Pad" saddle... The new one will be for trips and 90% of the time with the wife ridiing..lol

Old 04-28-2016, 10:40 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by HotVrod
is there any reason to consider a stock seat over say the Saddlemen road sofa model?
.... no
.... ... the RoadSofa rocks

HotVrod (04-28-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 10:51 AM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by HotVrod
This one I am looking at is the low profile or "reach" type...I currently have a leather corbin "Pad" saddle... The new one will be for trips and 90% of the time with the wife ridiing..lol
Actually, on this bike, I now have a Hammock seat for the Mrs.... I really don't know which one I like better as they are both very nice. Mrs. now has no interest riding on the stock seat after riding on a "comfortable" seat. I still think the stock seat looks better... even though it is not nearly as comfortable.

HotVrod (04-28-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 12:36 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Although it's not heated, I just bought a new Road Sofa LS. Just installed it last night. Took some measurements before hand. Seating position is the same front to back but drops me down almost an inch which is fine with me. Also accepts the HD backrest which is another plus. Will be trying it out this weekend. Not a lot of reviews on Saddlemen compared to others but the ones you do find are good.

HotVrod (04-28-2016)
Old 04-28-2016, 04:49 PM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

never had a saddleman. when i was looking, i went with russell day-long. its heated, got it in leather and is a great seat. i recommend the heat. i do a lot of early morning riding in spring and fall and even in the winter if its 35-40. nice to turn on and give a little extra heat along with my heated jacket liner. i've had a couple of aftermarket seats. i have an ultimate and a mustang super touring one piece vintage with back rest. both were better than stock but my day-long is better than both combined.

Old 04-28-2016, 11:10 PM
Fishrrman
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

One thing to be aware of when ordering a Saddlemen seat.

If you want a driver backrest, you have to order it with the seat.
You can't add it as a "standalone part" later on.

Also, you can't use HD or Mustang or Utopia (or other) backrests with a Saddlemen seat, because the mounting arrangement is different. The Saddlemen with backrest doesn't have "the hole" like an HD or Mustang seat does.

Old 04-28-2016, 11:47 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishrrman
One thing to be aware of when ordering a Saddlemen seat. If you want a driver backrest, you have to order it with the seat. You can't add it as a "standalone part" later on. Also, you can't use HD or Mustang or Utopia (or other) backrests with a Saddlemen seat, because the mounting arrangement is different. The Saddlemen with backrest doesn't have "the hole" like an HD or Mustang seat does.
This may be true for most of the Saddlemen seats but not all of them. The Saddlemen Road Sofa LS that I posted a pic of earlier allows you to use the HD backrest.

Old 04-29-2016, 07:53 AM
freebrd
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
Although it's not heated, I just bought a new Road Sofa LS. Just installed it last night. Took some measurements before hand. Seating position is the same front to back but drops me down almost an inch which is fine with me. Also accepts the HD backrest which is another plus. Will be trying it out this weekend. Not a lot of reviews on Saddlemen compared to others but the ones you do find are good.
Looking forward to a review on your new seat. Especially long seat time and passenger if you can.

I'm in the market to upgrade the stock seat on '16 Limited, which isn't near the stock seat I had on my last '13 Ultra Classic. I have the HD driver backrest as well, which interests me. The seat looks good on your ride!

Quick Reply: Saddlemen vs. Stock