Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Vision and Phone mounts

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 03:39 PM
ChaseTheRide
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Power Vision and Phone mounts

Been lurking around the board for a few years now between my old Heritage and now the Road King. Did not want to bunch of crap hanging off my bars however liked having GPS\Phone and now the Power Vision. Little time playing with the alignment however pretty sleek setup over all.

Old 05-05-2016, 04:16 PM
gipper
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts

That would not be sleek for me on my bike, and I too use PV. I think it looks best in a felt bag riding in my saddle bag. But that's just me.

I do love the color of you King though, and I love Kings in general. Congrats on the new ride!

Old 05-05-2016, 04:45 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 157 Posts

I stopped watching that power vision. Ride got a whole lot more enjoyable.

Old 05-06-2016, 09:16 AM
ChaseTheRide
Cruiser

Find it funny most dresser state they don't use the PV full time (go figure), however have the same gauges in the huge fairing in front of them. I go back and forth about leaving it on or removing it. Right now doing an auto tune and will see over time. Road King gives me the touring ride with a cruiser look (do not like fairing and trunk look). PV gives me the gauges, however also listening to the bike have never needed them before and having it in the saddle bags if needed will more than likely be the long term solution.

Old 05-06-2016, 09:26 AM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

I have yet to find a single mount that I can switch from the PV to Phone for Pandora and Nav. Both would be too cluttered.

Old 05-06-2016, 09:39 AM
BeSharp
Advanced
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

If you guys are looking for a great versatile mount I found this one and it's great:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-M...RWQvxo&vxp=mtr

It's basically the RAM mount with built in USB power supply. Nice and clean install run under tank with fused leads direct to the battery.

I use it for my iphone as a GPS and bluetooth music player, but it would fit a number of other items like the powervision.

Old 05-06-2016, 10:07 AM
chrisg81983
Road Captain
Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokey Stover
I have yet to find a single mount that I can switch from the PV to Phone for Pandora and Nav. Both would be too cluttered.
Kuryakyn tech connect system does both....looks neat and not big and bulky with all the spring loaded arms. For the power vision I bolt it right to the plate that comes with the system. When you want to use phone you just undo one ball and socket and put the phone cradle on.

I refuse to have a bunch of clutter on my bars but still like to have option of pv and phone so this is the best I found.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:38 AM
ChaseTheRide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Smokey Stover
Just ordered a mount for the RokForm mount I am using. Think it will be able to run both phone and or PV. Like it do to the positive twist lock not fingers\arms that you have to adjust. Will post some pics once I have it.

The following users liked this post:
SValencia (05-13-2016)
Old 05-13-2016, 12:19 PM
SValencia
Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Raganoutdoors
Just ordered a mount for the RokForm mount I am using. Think it will be able to run both phone and or PV. Like it do to the positive twist lock not fingers\arms that you have to adjust. Will post some pics once I have it.
I love it! Isn't it nice that it locks from the back and doesn't cover the buttons on the side of the phone like the cradle mounts do. Practical but also sleek looking.