Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keeping your twin cam or moving up to a m8?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 08:42 AM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Thingfish
I test rode Road Kings many times over the years, but it wasn't until the '16 that I decided it was time to buy. It's the best Harley I've ever ridden...my Evo will always be my favorite...but that's a character/personal thing and it's nowhere near stock. My Road King does everything I want it to very well and handles just about as well as my FXR.

I test rode a RGS with a dealer stage 1 and felt my RK with stage 1 was a little stronger. I'm sure my tune is better than the dealer's so I assume a custom tuned M8 would probably be a nice ride...maybe I'm just lucky and have a well built Tuesday bike?

I'm not a guy who "upgrades" or turns over vehicles on a schedule. I keep them until I don't. My '92 will be ridden till I'm dead. My '09 Dyna will probably go to my son in 10 more years...maybe it'll have some motor work by then. I bought my RK thinking "this is my RK". Unless it majorly lets me down, it will be my RK until I'm done with the entire touring platform. I will repair and upgrade it as needed or desired. A good bike develops sentimental value. Mine have plenty...even the RK in just a years time. They have family memories tied up in all that metal.

Having a new bike has never been the goal. Having the right bike you love is what matters. That could be a Pan head, a Shovel, Evo, Twin Cam...or an M8. Right now I feel covered.

There are so many bikes out there now and too few bikers! I hear your message loud and clear!

The following users liked this post:
Thingfish (10-26-2016)
Old 10-23-2016, 08:48 AM
heritageblue2013
Grand HDF Member
Received 558 Likes on 309 Posts

Wait for the bugs to be worked out.

Also wait for the bottom to fall out of the economy.

Save up and pay cash.

Wait for the aftermarket to see what they come up with.

Wait to see who takes office, might mean the difference between performance exhaust or stock, lol

Old 10-23-2016, 09:22 AM
paulhog
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm not done with my 2012 yet.

Old 10-23-2016, 09:42 AM
UltraSteveUSAF
Road Master
Received 104 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
I guess Rommel sold this place...they don't even have a website up yet...
We found out they had been trying to sell it almost a year. The new Dealer seems pretty good so far. Kept all the employees and adding a bunch more. Going to stock a lot more stuff. There will be growing pains but they have some cool sounding plans. Talking about concerts and other things going on.

Old 10-23-2016, 03:00 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,925 Likes on 17,478 Posts

Originally Posted by checkers
I have been involved in big ticket sales for years. (auto, truck,RV) It is a long standing issue in these sales that prior to an election year, the market dies. My experience tells me the sky is not falling on the motorcycle market. That being stated, I was at Rossmeyers Destination Daytona in Ormond Beach on Wednesday and spent a few hours wandering the store and showroom. The Limited's were tagged at $28K and RK's were at $18,900 and Heritage's were $18K. The showroom was a "Ghost Town" no one kicking tires. I also wandered the used floor and Ultra's and Limited's by the dozens and priced at book price.
One thing that I noticed:They had not one used Road King of any age or model. I asked a salesperson why no RK's? He stated they seldom get them in on trade and the RK market takes care of itself. I thought that was interesting.
Kinda like out here in the bay area I've seen 3 RK's during my search and only one was a 17 model. You can find SG's and RG's by the truck load, go figure.

Old 10-24-2016, 06:52 AM
Afishinado
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

After 4 RK's (my 04 Custom was my hands down favorite). Then a 12 RG, put 28k on it and a lot of $ in the engine. When the 15 was introduced I knew I had to have one, put 17k on it and no $ in the engine. Then the news of the M8 came out along with all the articles on the rest, had to have one. Got it yesterday, great price, nicest Harley I've ever owned by a lot! Now thinking of breaking my norm and adding some bling, maybe keep it 3 years... With the candy apple paint, I'm thinking of doing chrome front end and wheels.. Wadda ya think?

Old 10-24-2016, 07:01 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by Afishinado
Got it yesterday, great price, nicest Harley I've ever owned by a lot! Now thinking of breaking my norm and adding some bling, maybe keep it 3 years... With the candy apple paint, I'm thinking of doing chrome front end and wheels.. Wadda ya think?

Love it!

Old 10-24-2016, 07:22 AM
ChrisHo
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4,311 Likes on 1,336 Posts

Originally Posted by Back-n-Black
I have not seen any at all on the road, but it's not like they stand out.
unless you have one of the new colors people won't recognize it. most people pass on the left which makes it hard to know engine size. that being said I did get chased down the other day by two guys who saw me at the light with my 17 RK. Kind of odd but what the hell

Old 10-26-2016, 12:44 PM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I'll be hanging on to this twin cam for a long long time.....

It's my third bike, and by far my favorite!!!! Love the color, love the power, love the customization..... puts a smile on my face and bugs in my teeth

Old 10-26-2016, 02:17 PM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

Originally Posted by C.H.L.
I'll be hanging on to this twin cam for a long long time.....

It's my third bike, and by far my favorite!!!! Love the color, love the power, love the customization..... puts a smile on my face and bugs in my teeth

You better not get rid of that beast!!!!

Really no reason too, gotta love the power and bugs! In that order.

YB

Quick Reply: Keeping your twin cam or moving up to a m8?