Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing Lowers

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 09:02 PM
07blackcherryflhx
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fairing Lowers

I am looking at adding fairing lowers on my street glide. Let here everyones input on the looks of them on street glides. I know looks are subjective. Is is a good idea or a bad idea. Anyone who has a bike without a tourpack can you post pics, especially those of you that have added them to street glides.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:11 PM
DonnyI
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Fairing Lowers

Actually prefer soft lowers. Come off in seconds & toss in saddlebag.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:15 PM
07blackcherryflhx
Road Captain

Donny your bike actually was one of the bikes that inspired me to look into the lowers for my bike. I really like the way they look. I am a little worried that my bike is completly stock right now. I like ultrakla$$ic's bike as well. Comman theme being is heavily customized. I am worried that they may look dumb on a stock SG. I plan on the wheels and all the good stuff later jut can swing as of now.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:22 PM
BOARGAURD
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Here is a shoddy pick of my standard

Old 12-16-2007, 09:24 PM
Superglide 04
Tourer

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...4/DSC00003.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...4/DSC00001.jpg

Pictures are not that great, bike is gone (totalled) can't take new ones.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:30 PM
2ForTheRoad
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think they'll look out of place on a stock SG at all. Besides, every journey begins with a single step doesn't it.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:36 PM
07blackcherryflhx
Road Captain

Yeah I know do what I think is best. I don't know everyone talks about the stripped down look of the SG and I don't want to detract from that look. I guess I will just take the plung. I reallu like the look of all standards with them. I guess they wouldn't look that different. I am just a little gun shy to spend that kinda coin on something I am not totally happy with. I would still like to see pics and her other feedback.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:44 PM
mvinc01
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you're only getting the lowers for looks, I second what DonnI said. Pick up a pair of soft lowers. $50 or so from the moco and ride a littile bit with them on. Get the feel of it and see if it's something you really want before you go shell out $600 for the hard lowers. As far as looks, I think they (hard lowers)look great on any batwing or RG, but you will probably not want to ride with them all the time, year round. With the softies, they are very easy to put on and take off. Some from desert dawgs and such have pockets too. They may not look the greatest, but it's a much cheaper test.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:49 PM
07blackcherryflhx
Road Captain

Its more than just for looks. Obviously I want something that looks good but keeping my legs from the elements and the wind from prying my legs off the boards I would like to add these. I also am looking forward to having the gloveboxes! I don't like the look of the leathers at all and really don't want to waste my time with a set just to decide on the painted version at a later date. The thing is I want them I just don't want them to get up looking out of place or retarded.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:27 PM
gene01
Road Captain

you know, the only downside to the lower is the cost, if you can affrd to buy them, do it, hey will take a lot of the chill of in the winter and allow you to ride when without them, you would be miserble, I addd them to a bike years ago, the last two purcases of mine have been Ultra's and they cme with them, it is a feature that comes stcok on the best touring bike(hoping to not start and argument about that) I think it is worth the cos myelf but I like to g o long rides andbe as comfortable as allowed...

Quick Reply: Fairing Lowers