Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you get a new FOB and need help programming it - I can help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 05:17 PM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you get a new FOB and need help programming it - I can help.

I bought me another FOB, probably two months ago. When I first read the Owners Manual I was intimidated, I understood that when I started the process of programming the new FOB, I'd disable the old FOB I had that worked. I was afraid I'd mess up the one I had that worked. On off on off on, all the signal light pushing, left then right, blew me away. Well, today I took my time, re-read it the directions, wrote it up in my short-hand style, went out to the bike, did it and IT WORKED - I progammed the new FOB. Had to program both, but it went just like the manual said. First time I tried. IT WORKED.

Then I decided to try my personal ID code and see if I could turn off the security in case I had lost the FOB. It didn't work, then I wasn't sure if I had entered the correct code. So I did the first steps of entering your personal code and my old code appeared on the odometer - I had the numbers backwards. Now I've written it down on the little card in the back of the manual - tore the card out and put it in my billfold..

Next, I armed the bike, pretended I lost my FOB, and went through the steps using my personal code and I was successful in turning off the security system. Actually, after a few times, it was real easy.

So if anyone needs help with a FOB, maybe I can be of service.

Life is sweet
Hack

Old 07-17-2008, 09:59 PM
serverpimp
Cruiser
Default RE: If you get a new FOB and need help programming it - I can help.

I have looked through the manual a couple of times and don't see any reference to programming the FOB.&nbsp\\; There are instructions on setting the Pin and unlocking without the FOB in case you lose it, but nothing about the new FOB.&nbsp\\; What am I missing?

Old 07-17-2008, 11:02 PM
07BlkCherryUltra
Cruiser
Default RE: If you get a new FOB and need help programming it - I can help.

You have an '07 and cannot set up your FOB the dealer has to do it.&nbsp\\; Hack has an '06 and he can.