Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J & S Jack

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 12:46 AM
Scubadog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default J & S Jack

Last night we had a thread going that SIMPLY was asking how many people would be interested in buying a J & S Jackstand if we coulld get a good price. At my last count we had about 30 people and counting.

I just got back tonight and the thread seems to be gone. What happened? We were not trying to sell anything, just trying to see who might be interested in getting a good deal on buying something.

Anyway, I hope that admin people from the forum have contacted J & S to discuss sponsership and to let them know that we have a lot of people interested in their product?

Just out of curiosity, is Harley Davidson a paying sponser of this forum?

Old 12-28-2008, 01:31 AM
Rugar
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know its a big forum and all, but did you get lost already?
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ing-power.html

Old 12-28-2008, 08:10 AM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Scubadog
Last night we had a thread going that SIMPLY was asking how many people would be interested in buying a J & S Jackstand if we coulld get a good price. At my last count we had about 30 people and counting.

I just got back tonight and the thread seems to be gone. What happened? We were not trying to sell anything, just trying to see who might be interested in getting a good deal on buying something.

Anyway, I hope that admin people from the forum have contacted J & S to discuss sponsership and to let them know that we have a lot of people interested in their product?

Just out of curiosity, is Harley Davidson a paying sponser of this forum?
Out of curiosity are you a sponsor? you keep promoting a non sponsor?

What is this? I've tried to work with ya on this and you want to be disrespectful, you contact the jack company and talk them into becoming a sponsor then you can put together all the group buys you want to with them, that's the key issue on doing a group buy, they must be a sponsor here first how many times do you need me to say that, as I already did in your other thread, I dont' make the rules here, I'm just a messenger.

I spent three hours of my non payed time here yesterday putting together PM's to you (you did read it), admin, other members and replying to posts in your thread along with others, trying to get something going for ya, it don't happen at the snap of a finger, there's channels it has to go through,,,,, the jack company first has to want to be a sponsor here, they might not be interested, they might, they might give a discount they might not, I'm still waiting on a reply from the person that handles the sponsors, it takes time for stuff like this, hell this is the weekend give me a break.

Last edited by John TN; 12-28-2008 at 08:17 AM.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:22 AM
captsam54
Road Master
Cool

LOL...... Wheres the popcorn icon???

Old 12-28-2008, 08:25 AM
Bigredone
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And I guess you want to be the President and get a commission for organizing this fantanstic buying idea.

I DON'T THINK SO! Try Craigslist

Old 12-28-2008, 08:34 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

Do you expect to get 50% off or something?

Old 12-28-2008, 08:44 AM
cw4530
6th Gear

Was researching all the old threads on jacks trying to make my mind up. Was thinking sears because of the price, ran across this thread and would be interested in buying a J & S Jackstand if we coulld get a good price. I have read all the thread and understand the rules of the forum and that your waiting on a answer from the admin people if you can work something out, unless I miss a thread. Just wanted to be included if you work something out. Hope this isn't against the rules asking to be included, but it is a big forum and I'm not on here every day didn't want to miss out.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:17 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Scuba and all,

What you need to remember is that this Forum is free for you and I to join and use. It doesn't cost us a thing to become Members and also remember there are few distractions like annoying "pop-ups" as you skim through all the threads. That is only possible because the Forum Owners cover the expense by signing up official vendor "sponsors" and we do need to support the Forum Owners by following their rules on this. We get to enjoy the forum without pop-ups and we also get an occasional promotion from the official sponsors. That ain't bad for free.

Moderator John,

I think the one thing you need to take back to the Forum Owners and Vendor Promotion Department is that if you guys n' gals come up with a way for us Forum members to demonstrate our interest in a given product (like a poll) then that is something you guys can take and use to your advantage when trying to sign new vendor sponsors.
Sure you can approach the vendors blindly with a canned sales pitch but consider how much more clout your sales department would have if they could approach the vendor with a preliminary "poll or thread" response that shows several dozen guys interested in the vendor's product (if there were to be a discount or free shipping promotion etc.) Use our desire to your benefit. You will likely sign more vendors (because they see the potential immediate sales) and we all win. You might want to have one "sticky" thread where Members can suggest a product they like and your promo department could get their ideas from. From that, your promo department might make a poll and let us Members demonstrate out interest (or not.) I think there are two vendors we would like to see right now, one being Legal Speed and the other J&S. Good places to start.

The Moderators here do a good job and we thank you. We can make this forum even better if we all work together collectively with new ideas and most important of all, if we all "stick" together...

Last edited by RODEO; 12-28-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:19 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 1FLTRI4ME
Do you expect to get 50% off or something?
10% or 20% or Free Shipping would be nice.

Try this, "If you don't have something constructive or nice to say, then please don't say anything" and see if that works for you.

We managed a nice discount from Wheeldock for their EZ-UP Center Stand, but I guess you missed that promotion.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:20 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rugar
I know its a big forum and all, but did you get lost already?
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ing-power.html
FYI- That wasn't the thread he was referring to. There was a preliminary interest thread that got deleted.

Last edited by RODEO; 12-29-2008 at 07:42 AM.

Quick Reply: J & S Jack