Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DynoJet PCV questions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Mike5959
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DynoJet PCV questions.

I have narrowed down my tuner selection to the DynoJet PCV. I am going to order through fuelmoto soon. I downloaded the manual from the PowerCommander website and it shows the o2 sensor eliminators. Is that mandatory on just the PCV or is it only if you go with autotune? I assume if I only plan on doing the typical stage 1 filter, rinehart slipons then a canned map from fuelmoto would suffice. Am I wrong? Sorry if this seems stupid but this is my first programmer for a bike.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Beach Bagger
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just purchased the PCV from Fuel Moto myself. Without the Autotune module the O2 sensors will not be used and the sensor eliminators will have to be used. If you purchase the Autotune module you will use O2 sensors, but not the stock sensors, the wideband sensors that come with the Autotune kit. Since I don't have the Autotune module, and don't plan on buying it, I removed the O2 sensors completely and plugged the ports.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Mike5959
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Beach Bagger
I just purchased the PCV from Fuel Moto myself. Without the Autotune module the O2 sensors will not be used and the sensor eliminators will have to be used. If you purchase the Autotune module you will use O2 sensors, but not the stock sensors, the wideband sensors that come with the Autotune kit. Since I don't have the Autotune module, and don't plan on buying it, I removed the O2 sensors completely and plugged the ports.
Thanks for the quick reply but your wording has me a little confused.

I won't use the 02 sensors without the autotune but I will have to use eliminators? Do they come with the kit? What is the benefit to removing the 02 sensors vs leaving them in?

Old 01-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Beach Bagger
Tourer

The O2 eliminators come in the PCV package and do not have to be purchased seperate. If you will only be using the PCV (and not the Autotune kit)then you will have to disconnect the wiring and plug in the 02 eliminators. You have to do this to fool the ECM into thinking that it has functioning 02 sensors attached. As far as taking the sesors out of the exhaust pipe goes, that it a matter or preference. I chose to take them out because I dont't like the look of them, didnt want loose wires laying around, they provide no function, and most importantly I want them work if I need to remove the PCV later. If you leave them in the pipes then they will buil up some carbon deposits and may not function later if you want to remove you PCV for any reason.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:25 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

You will always be using the "O2 eliminators" whenever you're using a PC-___ unless you go with the one that won't let you adjust anything in the closed-loop areas. That one is/was based on the PC-III platform last I knew.

At any rate, I'm a proponent of the Power Commanders as the best of the piggyback controllers. I used a PC-III for a little over a year / ~15k miles. It worked well.

Near the end of last summer I finally decided what I wanted to do for tuning. (The PC-III was always just a temporary step for me.) I picked up a TTS tuning kit. Night and day difference in how the bike runs and the mileage I get. Using the stock EFI, appropriately programmed, to the fullest of its potential (meaning using the O2 sensors), is just plain phenomenal. You owe it to yourself to study up on the TTS tuning kit before you finalize your decision.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Scorpion07
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The O2 sensors read the exhaust's oxygen composition and determines how much unburned fuel it has in it, and sends a signal to the ECM. The ECM then adjusts the air/fuel mixture in the intake to accomodate a determined value of O2.
By eliminating the O2 sensors or rather fooling the system into believing the exhaust mixture is perfect and the system runs on only preprogramed ratios and does not adjust for lean/rich conditions.
The new PCV has some really cool new features - but reguires a very good tuner to utilze them to it's potential.
I would say the wide band O2 sensors supplied with the Autotune are really the best senario and well worth the money because with the added canned map it actually adjust constantly even with later engine mods, and should't require a tuner.

Old 01-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Beach Bagger
Tourer

Originally Posted by glens
You will always be using the "O2 eliminators" whenever you're using a PC-___ unless you go with the one that won't let you adjust anything in the closed-loop areas. That one is/was based on the PC-III platform last I knew.

At any rate, I'm a proponent of the Power Commanders as the best of the piggyback controllers. I used a PC-III for a little over a year / ~15k miles. It worked well.

Near the end of last summer I finally decided what I wanted to do for tuning. (The PC-III was always just a temporary step for me.) I picked up a TTS tuning kit. Night and day difference in how the bike runs and the mileage I get. Using the stock EFI, appropriately programmed, to the fullest of its potential (meaning using the O2 sensors), is just plain phenomenal. You owe it to yourself to study up on the TTS tuning kit before you finalize your decision.
Your right, the 02 eliminators will always be used with the PCV. I was thinking that the Autotune kit used the factory wiring to the 02 sesors, but upon furhter investigation I found out that it does not. The Autotune kit has wiring to the wideband 02 sensors and therefor the eliminators will always be used. My bad.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:15 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

TTS ... master tune-HD?

"Note that MasterTune-HD can be licensed for programming use on either single or dual vehicles and the interface will ‘lock’ to the vehicle the first time it is used for programming."

So it's like SERT ...

Least I can take the PC V off and move it to a different bike...pop off the O2 eliminators and plug em back in to the O2 sensors to get it back to stock.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:47 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats good for when you will send it in for repair.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:44 AM
HDDOC
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I hope night rider comes out with his 09 set up I liked the XIEDs on my 08, hope its a plug and play like the 08s were. Doc

Quick Reply: DynoJet PCV questions.