Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who here has done a Procharger supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 12:19 PM
oinker02
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Who here has done a Procharger supercharger?

I'm on the fence thinking I wanna buy their supercharger kit for my '07 Road King.

I've surfed around and read many a magazine review and lots of stuff presented by reps from ATI Procharger on a forum or two, but I want to hear it from true owners of HD scooters that have the system installed.

So far it's looking like a pretty well designed product, plus it has achieved good tech support from guys like Zippers who sell my Thundermax autotune and the Dynojet Power Commander folks.

I plan on installing it on my factory stock engine '07 Road King using my Thundermax autotune and Rush slipons. It's got 6K miles on it and will be out of warranty soon. I'm wondering if any here run the system on their late model scoot and if they have had any problems overstressing their factory engines.

Please don't suggest I go with a 120 inch motor or other alternatives. I've already looked at all the alternatives and only want feedback from guys actually running the Procharger on stock engine bikes.

Thanks Gents

Old 03-31-2009, 01:29 PM
Crusher
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not me but a close friend. 2007 SE dyna. HP was somewhere around 128. Says seat of the pants is remarkable. Fuel mileage went way down. Wasn't happy with some of the plumbing and is having some custom made pipeing done. Hope this helps. His was installed be a dealer in Atlantic City, NJ

Attached Thumbnails Who here has done a Procharger supercharger?-03-14-09_006.jpg  
Old 03-31-2009, 06:36 PM
FastBagger07
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I just had Frank at DragosBikeWorks install mine.{'07 FLHT}.I ended up with 123hp./108tq.Frank really knows his stuff when it comes to superchargers and turbos.Give him a call he'll be able to answer all your questions1-815-765-1790.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:17 AM
oinker02
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Gents.

I'm reluctant to call any installer and waste his time seeing as none are within 1000 miles of me and I'd end up installing it myself.

FastBagger, what fueler do you use?

Old 04-01-2009, 04:12 AM
FastBagger07
Road Captain

I already had a PC3 so I went with that.I wish I would have went with PC5 due to some tuning issues.I also ended up going with 53lb/hr injectors and a high flow regulator {80psi.}from Pro-Charger.We kept running maxxing out the injectors on the dyno on topend.Even now the injectors are at 97 %.I really need to find 60lb/hr injectors but as of right now we have had no luck.Like I said call Frank this guy is a genius when it comes to these systems it would be well worth your time.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:28 AM
locodude
Road Captain

don't know how they work on a hd but I had one on a vtx (honda) it was more show than go. vaccuum line rotted through in about 1 year and had to buy a rebuild kit aka vaccuum pod after a couple of years. it sure did look good but didn't do much. personally I think the stock hd air cleaner cover is one of the sharpest looking things on the bike, myself I wouldn't do it. good luck

Old 04-01-2009, 05:42 AM
timvan
Road Warrior

All the ones ive seen take up some well needed leg room, unles you use your bagger as a bar hopper

Old 04-01-2009, 09:01 PM
FastBagger07
Road Captain

Originally Posted by oinker02
I'm on the fence thinking I wanna buy their supercharger kit for my '07 Road King.

I've surfed around and read many a magazine review and lots of stuff presented by reps from ATI Procharger on a forum or two, but I want to hear it from true owners of HD scooters that have the system installed.

So far it's looking like a pretty well designed product, plus it has achieved good tech support from guys like Zippers who sell my Thundermax autotune and the Dynojet Power Commander folks.

I plan on installing it on my factory stock engine '07 Road King using my Thundermax autotune and Rush slipons. It's got 6K miles on it and will be out of warranty soon. I'm wondering if any here run the system on their late model scoot and if they have had any problems overstressing their factory engines.

Please don't suggest I go with a 120 inch motor or other alternatives. I've already looked at all the alternatives and only want feedback from guys actually running the Procharger on stock engine bikes.

Thanks Gents
If your real serious about purchasing one get ahold of Frank at DragosBikeWorks he will give you probably the best price out there.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:08 PM
FastBagger07
Road Captain

Originally Posted by timvan
All the ones ive seen take up some well needed leg room, unles you use your bagger as a bar hopper
timvan Have you ever rode a bagger with a Pro-Charger? I dont get where you think it takes up all this legroom.How long a legs do you have? I'm 6'3" and I have all the room I need.I can ride this bike all day or I can ride it to the bar with no problems what so ever.Hell I have more legroom now than I had when it had the Harley Heavy Breather air cleaner on it.You sure your not talkin' about a Magna-Charger now that I would agree with you that you do have less legroom.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:43 AM
CHGO5OH
Tourer

Check this site out http://www.turboyourharley.com/.

If I had the money to spend, I would get this.

Quick Reply: Who here has done a Procharger supercharger?