Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing bra and Saddlebag lid bra!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Scubamike
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Question Fairing bra and Saddlebag lid bra!

If this issue has been covered before I am sorry, I did do a search and could not find it. I was wondering if anybody out there runs a fairing bra on the electraglide/streetglide and or saddlebag lid bras on the bags. If so do you like them and does the paint under the bra stay nice and not marked up at all. First I was looking at the saddlebag lid bras so that my girlfriend will not mark up the bag getting on and off and second we have a lot of logging debris and rocks from all the trucks here in Oregon so I thought a fairing bra might work nice but I do not want to damage the paint with the bra. This would be installed on a 2009 Vivid Black Streetglide.Thanks for your input!

Old 04-08-2009, 01:34 PM
TMART
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the bag lid bras.My wife had a bad habit of hitting the lids when she climbed on back therefore making me spend 30 minutes waxing out the marks.I took the covers off Saturday when I was waxing the bike and the paint looks great under them.I put them back on after a good wax job.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:34 PM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.stickercity.com/home.php?cat=2480. this uses the same material we use on army helicopter blades in the desert. virtually invisable and very durable.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:17 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used the HD lid covers for over 3 years. Not issues with the paint, and they have moved very little if at all in the 3 years. The paint under the lids looks like it did the day I brought the bike home. Not sure on the fairing bra, but I would think that with a good wax job, it should help to protect your fairing from the road debris and getting paint chipped.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Don`t put them on! Looks fugly IMO

Old 04-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 717 Likes on 275 Posts

Had lid covers for two years.... Paint looks new. I just put on a fairing bra for long trips. That is when I get rock chips. As long as there is a tight fit. And Harley stuff is very tight. There is no issues. Its flapping in the wind that causes any issues. The Harley stuff does not flap and is snug.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Bigredone
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm against all bras!

Old 04-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Scubamike
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I should have figured I ask a question about bra's I would get a comment like that. Thanks for your reply's, I am not overly excited about the looks but the bag lid bra's I might end up with to protect the bags from getting marked up.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I use the fairing bra from Harley and the Kuryaken lid bras. The fairing looks great underneath with 1300 miles under it. The lisd bras look great as well, however I am having a moisture issue in the bags during very bad weather. It appears that the water is wicking into the bags from the cloth that wraps around the lid.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:39 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the lid covers for years you wax and polish before installing them keeps

the paint nice-ride safe

Quick Reply: Fairing bra and Saddlebag lid bra!