Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronics Sony radio Beeps and CD Skips often, any help with this???????????

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 07:44 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts
Question Biketronics Sony radio Beeps and CD Skips often, any help with this???????????

Hey folks,
I picked up a USED(Craigslist Find...Guy wanted CB)Biketronics set-up with Sony(CDX-GT510) radio and this set-up is definitely AWSOME and a few steps above the stocker...But the radio Beeps about every minuite..Of course i can only hear it when volume is down...must be a way to turn beep off but i dont see anything in instruction info. Also seems to skip alot or very easily,I tried a few different CDs but same results...Really only does it at bumps but it seems over sensitive..Any thoughts out there?
Thanks In Advance!!! Happy Trails.... R.W.

Last edited by riteway; 08-15-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:59 AM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by riteway
Hey folks,
I picked up a Biketronics set-up with Sony(CDX-GT510) radio and this set-up is definitely AWSOME and a few steps above the stocker...But the radio Beeps about every minuite..Of course i can only hear it when volume is down...must be a way to turn beep off but i dont see anything in instruction info. Also seems to skip alot or very easily,I tried a few different CDs but same results...Really only does it at bumps but it seems over sensitive..Any thoughts out there?
Thanks In Advance!!! Happy Trails.... R.W.
I had the same problem with a Kenwood that skipped. The only fix after two radios was to use a USB flash drive. I don't know if the Sony has one on the front but it works great and I can put over 4000 songs on one. It's a whole lot easier now than dealing with CD's and it was about 25$. Can't help you with the beep.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:12 AM
IceHeritage
Road Master

I have heard of Sony's having that problem thats why I went with the Alpine C105

Old 08-15-2009, 09:26 AM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 277 Likes on 203 Posts

If you hold the **** in for two seconds a menu will come up. Scroll thru until you see beepn/off and turn it off. This is meant to turn off the beeps every time you hit a button, but it's worth a shot.

If all else fails, give them a call. They have excellent customer service.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:35 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

RW, after I'd had my Sony headunit in the bike for 40K miles, I had some skipping. Used a Philips product to clean the CD drive, and a disc cleaner for the CD's. Haven't had a skip since. If you need a manual for the Sony, check out this link:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/sel...?DIRECTOR=DOCS

Old 08-16-2009, 09:00 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts

UPDATE.....
1. Beep does turn off..I wonder now WHY does it beep??? 2. Cleaned CD and it did help still does skip more than i would like but might just be the nature of the beast.Thanks all for your help and i will have to check out that USB drive!!

Old 08-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Towboater07
Tourer

Sounds like you may be happy with your new system.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:40 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,457 Posts

usb flash drive is the way to go. i have an 8gb unit, still have a couple of gigs left free, and just have it set on random. like listening to a radio station that only plays the music you like, with no commercials.

Old 08-16-2009, 03:18 PM
DamifIknow
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

my sony will play WMAs, MP3s and standard CDs. Also has a jack on the front to plug in my 80 gb zune. I never run out or music.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:28 PM
lp johnny
Road Captain

it's new..so no real issues with cd skip...but the usb drive is awesome...cd will only be for rain backup when I'd have to put the splash guard on.(Sony GT730UI)

Quick Reply: Biketronics Sony radio Beeps and CD Skips often, any help with this???????????