Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this fraud or not.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 09:13 PM
marsolais
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is this fraud or not.

So I went into my local dealer (which will remain nameless) and I noticed this bike sitting in the used section. Not to break away from the thread but my dog just climbed up on the the couch and farted in my wife's face. LMFAO . So I walk over and notice that it is a 100th Anniversary Electra glide. So I look at the tag and the dealership is selling the bike for $15K. So I start inspecting and see that there is no damage, many extras and very very low miles. Then something catches my eye. The crankcase doesn't have the 100th Anniversary badge on it. This is something you need to check if you are looking at getting a used 100th Ann edition. So I ask the guy behind the parts counter what the deal is. So he tells me that it is not a 100th Ann edition. The prior owner just liked the badges that came with the 100th Ann edition so he put them on.

So I know you can't just get the badges anyplace, but you can get them. So with the shop selling this bike with no mention that it is in fact not a 100th Ann edition, could this be fraud. Does anyone know if having a bike like this in a HD dealership is a no no?

Old 12-05-2009, 09:15 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

Guess anyone can put whatever what they want on a bike. Now, if the HD dealer tried to make someone believe or misrepresent this bike, thinking thats a big legal no no

Old 12-05-2009, 09:18 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Why would it be a no no? People can put whatever parts they want on their own bike. If it's a 2003 then it qualifies as an anniversary bike....they all were. Some came in black with anniversary stripes like my mine, others came in black/silver (anniversary package) and then there were all the other colors. So I guess the question is, what year was the bike you looked at?

Old 12-05-2009, 09:28 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

I never let my dog on furniture.
If you like the bike, buy it.
I could paint my bike Corvette yellow, you think it's a Corvette?
Some people take all the emblems off their Hondas...how would you
know what you are buying?

Chuck

Old 12-05-2009, 09:42 PM
marsolais
Advanced

The bike is actually a 2007. But I was told that you can't get 100th Ann badges without bringing the bike into the dealership and having them make sure the bike is a 100th Ann edition. So if you gotta bring the bike into the dealership so they can verify that it is a TRUE 100th Ann edition before getting badges, how would it make it ok to sell a fake 100th Ann edition.

I don't know, it might just be me. If I had a true 100th Ann edition bike and so tool pulled up next to me with a fake one I don't know what I would do. But I guess the same can be said about my street glide. I do have a screaming eagle air intake.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:53 PM
outlaw0013
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure if the 100th anniv bikes are that restrictive as far as parts go. I believe what you may be thinking about is the Screamin Eagle CVO models. You can't get anything unless your vin says it's a CVO SE edition.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:54 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Now thats some Dog you got there. LOL Thats some funny ****

Old 12-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Sancho
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did you train your dog to do that?

Old 12-05-2009, 10:02 PM
treefiddy
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 10 Posts

Nah, not a fraud, they disclosed the facts to ya, and like others said you can add anything.

Old 12-05-2009, 10:03 PM
marsolais
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sancho
How did you train your dog to do that?

I give him table food, then I put him in his cage, then I tap a picture of the wife's face to the door. So all he does is sit there and look at her face while he farts. Looks like all the hard work and training paid off.

Quick Reply: Is this fraud or not.