Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Installed My D&D Fat Daddy Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally Installed My D&D Fat Daddy Exhaust

It took a while to get to it, but the system is on and I like it. Finally, this fuel tank logo

can be replaced with a Harley Davidson logo.

DrVTwin made me a great deal. The pipes shipped overnight (within Texas). Install was a snap, they look and sound great, but yes - they are loud. I opted for the slash up tail pipe, but I wonder if the sound of the stand, standard baffle will be more noticeable because of it. I didn't go with the fake pipe. I like the asymmetrical look.

My highly unscientific seat-o-the-pants dyno test yielded really good results. it has a really nice hit when I grab a handful of throttle. Actually, I babied the throttle all the way to the indy shop for the dyno tune. Will post the results when I get them.

I know, I know... Pics. The bike is being Direct Link installed and dyno tuned and I am in Chicago for the week. Will update the thread (if anyone cares) this weekend.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Wes10RG
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scott,
Congrats on a great exhaust system and the tip about Dr. VTwin's excellent pricing. Good thing your bike is red, the Singer logo probably didn't stand out too much , just don't start another thread on how to remove the Singer logo, I'm tired of reading those.

Looking forward to the dyno sheet!

Old 04-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Gizmo83
Road Master
Received 459 Likes on 265 Posts

I just ordered a Boss Fat Cat with the standard baffle today. I guess it's the middle of the road baffle... not the quiet and not the performance. I am hoping it will be just right since my engine is internally stock.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:54 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gizmo83
I just ordered a Boss Fat Cat with the standard baffle today. I guess it's the middle of the road baffle... not the quiet and not the performance. I am hoping it will be just right since my engine is internally stock.
Hester is stock too. I considered cams, but will wait till I do a 103 or bigger build. And then there's the whole money thing. I gotta tell you, the hit from a quick throttle twist was impressive. I? was too worried about running lean and heat to really get on it. I really don't get how D&D says you don't need an ECM adjustment with their system. The dyno numbers will tell the tale.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:38 PM
WhiteGoldSG
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW...YOU GOT A "FAT DADDY"?!?!!?! I only got the "FATCAT"...I should have got the "FAT DADDY"...LOL....sorry...being a smartass...it comes naturally!

Old 04-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Default Who's Yer Daddy?

I have no idea where I got the Fat Daddy name when D&D calls the system BOSS Fat Cat. My bad. You're still a smartass though

Quotes from the D&D site:

NO TUNER
The team at D&D spent hours on the dyno testing the combination of a high-performance air cleaner with the BOSS Fat Cat pipe to ensure no tuner download is needed.. With just a wrench and a ratchet, every 2010 bagger owner can be up and running within an hour. That saves time and money.

Knowing what we all know about fuel to air ratios, does this make sense? Harleys are lean enough out of the factory and I'm not taking any chances.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:01 PM
fripple
Road Warrior

Awesome hope you enjoy your D&D!! Who's doing your tune? Give Ed a shout at www.thedynodifference.com He's in Dallas!!

Old 04-13-2010, 05:20 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Waiting for my D&D exhaust now and it sounds like the install will be a snap. I ordered the quiet baffle as my scoot barks with the built motor. I plan on getting a new dyno also. Let us know your dyno results.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:00 AM
Gizmo83
Road Master
Received 459 Likes on 265 Posts

What are you guys using for new gaskets?

Old 04-16-2010, 08:53 AM
IceHeritage
Road Master

Used the Stock gaskets on my Fatcat install last night and everything lined up perfect and no leaks

Quick Reply: Finally Installed My D&D Fat Daddy Exhaust