Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth Headsets

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 09:55 AM
Copsdoit
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth Headsets

I hate to add another thread on this subject, however after reading ALL the threads about this subject, I have found a lot of them are out-dated and some new Bluetooth devices are now available. I apologize in advance for this long entry but I want to try to cover it all. I have a 07 Ultra with a Zumo 550 GPS. I want to use my current Harley HK Radio system and want a Bluetooth headset for a half helmet. I would like to hear from anyone that is currently using the Road Tech™ Helmet System with Bluetooth® 2.0 Technology 98272-09VM (makes the radio system Bluetooth) and the Road Tech™ Helmet System with Bluetooth® 2.0 Technology 98272-09VM. If it’s a “Great” system I would look forward to buying it. At 500.00 bucks (2 headsets and the adapter) I want to be sure.

I am looking for a Bluetooth setup to accomplish the following:
1. Use my current HK Radio system to utilize the tunes/MP3/CB/Intercom/and VOX to talk with my better half.
2. Able to connect with my Zumo and utilize its features; i.e.: MP3/cell phone/Mapping software.
3. Connect to a Bluetooth phone or connect through the Zumo function to utilize the cell phone, if needed.

I currently have the Harley Headset that goes around your neck and over the ears; however this gets to be a pain on your ears after a short ride. They work, but I am looking for something that sounds better and more comfortable to wear, without cords.

I was thinking about adding the communications pouches to the half helmets and getting a good sounding bluetooth system that would be more comfortable to wear. Reckon I will use my around the neck system whenever I don’t have to wear a helmet.

Can anyone advise how well the Harley Bluetooth System works and sounds or suggest another setup that will work/sound better and accomplish the above issues? Also, does anyone have the instructions for the Harley Bluetooth setup (above) downloaded and can attached it to this thread, I am sure others would like to see it too. The Harley website does not mention it, but from reading some threads, it appears you need some type of adapter, for about 85.00, in setting up this unit, that is not mentioned on the Harley site about these units.

Price always matters, but if you can get one Bluetooth system that does it all it would be great…. Again sorry for the long thread but want to be sure I covered what all I am looking for in a bluetooth setup. Thanks again.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:55 AM
bldap
Tourer

I have the IMC unit and the Cardo Scala G4. I can use the IMC unit with my half helmet but not the Cardo since it doesn't support half helmets. Both work very well but with the Cardo I can also link up to two other riders for bike to bike communication.

The problem with the G4 and half helmet is that the boom isn't long enough, in my application, to be able to use this unit. Wish Cardo would have implemented an extended boom option for the G4 unit.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:11 PM
Copsdoit
Novice

Yes, I have heard of the IMC units and the Scala systems. Don't know much about the IMC Unit, but I have heard the Scala Units do not connect to the CB. With group riding, most of my group utilizes the CB which lets everyone hear, instead of just 3 or 4 bikes. Alot of folks have the Scala and love them. I am trying to get just one(1) bluetooth unit in hope that it can do it all, especially with our Harley system.

I know I am probably dreaming but it would be nice "if" the Harley Bluetooth system with the adapter to make the radio system bluetooth would accomplish this. I have not talked with anyone that has the harely bluetooth unit and Harley does not include the instructions in .pdf files, which they normally do with other parts, which kind of scares me away from this product.

Thanks for the reply, though...

Can anyone advise on the Harely Bluetooth system with the adapter to make the HK Radio system bluetooth?

Thanks again...

Old 04-17-2010, 07:39 PM
surfcitybum
Road Captain

Use the Scala Cardo. None better.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:18 PM
vistavette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

Check with J & M; I think they make a system that will accomplish what you are trying to do.