Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding the GPS mount from the 2010 Limited CVO Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 01:04 PM
leadermc
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since there are so many comments on this thread, I thought this link might be of interest to people. It is a guide to several different types of GPS mounts. http://www.leadermotorcycle.com/gpsguide.html

Old 03-31-2013, 09:54 PM
cmccoy5
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zumo mount pics

Did you ever post the mount pictures??

Originally Posted by Chicago Spike
I am adding the 2010 CVO Limited Ultra Zumo mount to my 2009 Ultra. It mounts through the dash pad and all the parts are easily ordered through any HD dealer with these part numbers;
1106 Screw
1107 Screw
7686 Locknuts (2)
92346-10 Mount (accepts garmin cradle)
92466-10 Retainer (goes inside fairing for support)
57885-10 Pad (dashpad specific to cradle mount, already has holes)

This will make for a much cleaner look and get the ugly mount arms off your handlebars.
I am taking lots of pictures to add to this and should be done with the mounting tomorrow afternoon and I will finish this thread after that.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:02 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cmccoy5
Did you ever post the mount pictures??
Yes, on the first page there are many pictures of the mount and how I added it with pictures showing the whole process

Old 10-17-2014, 08:15 PM
Bruin08
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

suscribed. I will be doing this since I was just installing my Fairing Mounted w/o dash pad and wasnt paying attention and put the templet in the wrong spot therefore drilled a hole in the wrong spot . Luckly the dashpad will cover it as I just got inished installing a painted inner fairing

[UPDATE] Parts have been ordered. Lets hope I did not overlook a part or order the wrong one. I know one of the part numbers that is listed on here is a "saddlebag guard rail nut". I am thinking its a nut that is used in more than one spot so I ordered it. I figure if its not the right nut and the part number is wrong then I can get a nut from a local hardware store and its only .95 from HD.

Last edited by Bruin08; 10-17-2014 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-30-2014, 10:14 PM
obwhan
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found this lock

Found this lock set up some may like its not so big as others http://www.kradellock.com/

Old 10-30-2014, 11:40 PM
immusicman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bruin08
suscribed. I will be doing this since I was just installing my Fairing Mounted w/o dash pad and wasnt paying attention and put the templet in the wrong spot therefore drilled a hole in the wrong spot . Luckly the dashpad will cover it as I just got inished installing a painted inner fairing

[UPDATE] Parts have been ordered. Lets hope I did not overlook a part or order the wrong one. I know one of the part numbers that is listed on here is a "saddlebag guard rail nut". I am thinking its a nut that is used in more than one spot so I ordered it. I figure if its not the right nut and the part number is wrong then I can get a nut from a local hardware store and its only .95 from HD.

I just did this dash pad and 665 mount about 2 weeks ago. I am very happy with the outcome. You can see my finished pics in my picture album and see it also in my signature pic.. Great way to install a gps.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:53 AM
V-Man
Supporter

Originally Posted by Chicago Spike
I am adding the 2010 CVO Limited Ultra Zumo mount to my 2009 Ultra. It mounts through the dash pad and all the parts are easily ordered through any HD dealer... This will make for a much cleaner look and get the ugly mount arms off your handlebars.
OK - sorry to come late to the party.

I picked up a Zumo 590LM and am still torn on how I want to mount it. My original thought was the dash mount - exactly the way you describe. The handlebar mount seems slightly easier, but the polished look of the dash mount looks so much better to me. After reading some reviews on that installation, however, folks complained that the default mount from HD does NOT allow the unit to be adjusted for viewing. It's evidently a rigid mount - no RAM ball option is included. I can hardly believe that! Can you either confirm or deny this? If the mount is rigid, have you experienced any issues with the viewing angle, sun glare, etc?

Originally Posted by Potato_Potato
Here is how I did mine - about $12 in parts if I recall. Plugged into the cigarette lighter it takes less than I minute to mount or unmount it leaving only the Ram Ball.
Your RAM ball mount is ideal for adjustability, although I think I personally prefer the placement on the left side (to reduce obstruction of the speedo and tach). Do you have any issues with the unit vibrating excessively with the single point of attachment to the fairing?

Thanks guys.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:10 AM
immusicman
Cruiser

Originally Posted by V-Man
OK - sorry to come late to the party.

I picked up a Zumo 590LM and am still torn on how I want to mount it. My original thought was the dash mount - exactly the way you describe. The handlebar mount seems slightly easier, but the polished look of the dash mount looks so much better to me. After reading some reviews on that installation, however, folks complained that the default mount from HD does NOT allow the unit to be adjusted for viewing. It's evidently a rigid mount - no RAM ball option is included. I can hardly believe that! Can you either confirm or deny this? If the mount is rigid, have you experienced any issues with the viewing angle, sun glare, etc?

Your RAM ball mount is ideal for adjustability, although I think I personally prefer the placement on the left side (to reduce obstruction of the speedo and tach). Do you have any issues with the unit vibrating excessively with the single point of attachment to the fairing?

Thanks guys.
If you want adjustability, simply go to this link:

http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/shopaccessories.htm

About half way down the page you will find an "easy swivel" and this will give you the adjustment options you need without a ball, and it is tight so it will not vibrate to the lowest position. There are also ball mount options here. This easy swivel will line up to the garmin fairing mount, and the garmin cradle. I have one, though I found it not necessary to use because the angle for viewing is perfect in my opinion. Hope this helps.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:12 AM
immusicman
Cruiser

Originally Posted by immusicman
If you want adjustability, simply go to this link:

http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/shopaccessories.htm

About half way down the page you will find an "easy swivel" and this will give you the adjustment options you need without a ball, and it is tight so it will not vibrate to the lowest position. There are also ball mount options here. This easy swivel will line up to the garmin fairing mount, and the garmin cradle. I have one, though I found it not necessary to use because the angle for viewing is perfect in my opinion. Hope this helps.
One advantage to the easy swivel is it is more compact than using a ball mount, it will not stick out so far. Just barley over 1 and 1/8 inches thick.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:39 AM
V-Man
Supporter

Originally Posted by immusicman
One advantage to the easy swivel is it is more compact than using a ball mount, it will not stick out so far. Just barley over 1 and 1/8 inches thick.
Great link - thanks! And yes, I was worried about the length of the RAM ball mount, too. Much prefer the compact approach, so this is perfect.

Quick Reply: Adding the GPS mount from the 2010 Limited CVO Ultra