Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Security System Smart Siren II install on 2011 FLHTCU

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 09:33 PM
Sporty302
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Security System Smart Siren II install on 2011 FLHTCU

FYI on installing an H-D Security System Siren II (62328-06A) on a 2011 FLHTCU; just finished installing a siren on my new Ultra Classic and found the printed instructions to be lacking as they don't seem to address 2011 model changes. First, on my 2011 FLHTCU the siren goes under the left side cover, not the right side as indicated by the instructions. Second, there is no need to remove the electrical bracket (as indicated is the instructions) holding the fuse box since there is a spot on the bracket to snap in the siren next to the fuse box. The siren wiring harness connector is right next to where the siren mounts so it's ready to plug right into the siren. To secure the pager antenna wire a velcro strip is supplied with the siren kit. I found that the velcro strip is too wide to neatly fit on the frame tube above the electrical bracket as per the instructions so I sliced off about a third of it length-wise. Finally, I referred to my owners manual to activate the siren chirp sounds that indicate when the security system is armed or disarmed. This wasn't addressed on the instruction sheet. All told this install took about 20 minutes which includes time to test out the siren alarm.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:43 PM
jvvjvv
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just did my 09 RK.....same instructions as you, I guess.............(must be for pre 08 or 02 or something????)..........not really worth the paper they were printed on. One of the things that make you wonder?

Old 12-29-2010, 10:52 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 395 Likes on 337 Posts

for next time, there is a $6 radio shack siren that many of us are using. details easy to find by searching.

mike

Old 04-24-2011, 09:01 AM
NebraskaBob
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the smart siren ii on my 2010 Ultra Limited but cannot get the pager/receiver to indicate that its receiving the siren's signal. Does anyone have any troubleshooting hints so I could see if the siren is working? Or if the pager/receiver is working?
thanks

Old 04-24-2011, 02:13 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

You guys who retrofitted the SSS on newer bikes didn't need to go to the dealer to have it activated? I did on my '07, to initialize the fobs, or whatever. Minimal cost. Since it was a simple plug-in under the seat I just rode it over there and let them do everything.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:31 PM
2010 Raffel Road King
Cruiser

Nebraska Bob,

Keep your fob in the house and go out and move your bike without your fob around. You'll find out real quick if it's working. If it is be prepared to sprint in the house and bring the fob to you bike real quick. This thing is LOUD and PIERCING!!!

Old 03-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Garmon1966
6th Gear
Default Audible siren install

Has anyone attempted to install the HD audible chirp alarm on their Ultra Classic by themselves and if so were the instructions precise? I want one and checked with HD about installing and they want $125 for a 20 minute job. I am mechanically inclined enough but without proper instructions it could be difficult. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:02 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 395 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by Garmon1966
Has anyone attempted to install the HD audible chirp alarm on their Ultra Classic by themselves and if so were the instructions precise? I want one and checked with HD about installing and they want $125 for a 20 minute job. I am mechanically inclined enough but without proper instructions it could be difficult. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

You saw this?

:
Originally Posted by mkguitar
for next time, there is a $6 radio shack siren that many of us are using. details easy to find by searching.

mike
You can send the left over $119 to the ASPCA--- or save it for the next bike doodad

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ml#post8070015

Mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 03-01-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:13 PM
56tbird
Tourer

You can run the antenna across the top left frame tube looping under the existing tie wraps like my dealer did mine, just make sure you run it on the inside of the frame tube.
Dealer ran it on the outside and seat rubbing against caused it to fray the insulation, grounding the antenna against the frame and giving a "fob to alarm range" of about 12 inches.

Last edited by 56tbird; 03-01-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Don't let the $6 radio shack alternative get under your skin. The guys that go that direction get "exactly" what they pay for. And boy are they proud. They could have bought a cheaper motorcycle too, but they didn't. Makes you wonder.

I wanted the pager feature and that's what I have and it works perfectly. Be sure and get the re-chargeable pager. The one with replaceable batteries has a bad rep of eating batteries. My re-chargeable unit will go a full week between charges and it has an incredible range.

Doesn't do much good to have an alarm system if you are a quarter of a mile away and have no indication that your $6 alarm is going off. But hey, I know, saving money is more important.

You Got Questions, We Got Answers!

Quick Reply: Security System Smart Siren II install on 2011 FLHTCU