Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gerbing's or HD heated clothes?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 02:00 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Gerbing's or HD heated clothes?

Since we're on the subject of heated clothes, are there any strong preferences
for either Gerbing's or HD? I've heard Gerbing's makes the HD clothes but
I can get the HD heated clothes a good bit cheaper than the Gerbing's if I
order them online through someone like Zanotti's or Chicago HD. If there is
some advantage to Gerbing's over the HD clothes, I don't mind spending
the extra money. Of course I don't want to spend more for the Gerbing's if
it's the same clothes with a different label.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:52 PM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Gerbing's or HD heated clothes?

Somebody makes the clothes for HD.....might be Gerbings. I bought my jacket liner from Gerbings WAY before HD had heated anything. I haven't looked at the HD or Gerbings websites to compare pricing, but am surprised Gerbings shows lower prices than HD. Usually HD is higher. I can vouch for the heated jacket liner and gloves from Gerbings.....and their customer service is excellent. I thought the jacket liner had too much heat in the collar area.....I complained, and they wanted it back to remove some of the wiring in there. So I sent it back and they "cooled it off" in the neck area at no charge. HD wouldn't be able to do that. Gerbings can add plugs to your clothing for additional clothing.....say you had a jacket liner and wanted to add heated chaps.....they can add plugs to the jacket liner so it'll interface with the chaps.
Good company and good people. Call 'em and ask them if they make the HD gear......bet they'll tell ya.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:55 PM
aquaskiman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gerbings heated gloves and HD are one in the same. I have a set of the HD gloves and a Gerbings jacket liner, I can’t tell you how nice it is to be warm at 20 deg outside temp.
George

Old 10-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Toytech
Tourer

I vote for Gerbing. Gloves and Jacket liner.

Joe

Old 10-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Grover
Admin "Kicking The Crap Out Of Spammers"

Received 252 Likes on 122 Posts

Take a look at Widder, great company to do business with. Read their report on a comaprison of clothing manufacturers.

www.widder.com

Old 10-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

Gerbings makes great gear for sure. Check out a company called Heat Troller. They just came out with their own jacket liner that looks to be more form fitting than the Gerbings in the side area. Should be less bulky under a leather jacket. Their controller/thermostat looks like a nicer unit than the Gerbing one.

Old 10-04-2006, 10:20 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

Gerbings = LIFE TIME warranty - HD???????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????

nuff said

Old 10-04-2006, 10:50 PM
The HalfBreed
Road Master

Gerbings - Hands Down.[sm=trust_me.gif]

Old 10-05-2006, 12:42 AM
2smoooth
Road Captain

I have the Gerbin's jacket liner, the HD gloves, and the HD dual thermastat.. they all work great together. I have not seen or used a better product.

Old 12-23-2007, 09:35 AM
sportncruise
Road Captain

Just to get this topic back on top I wanted to add that I just purchased a Gerbing Jacket Liner and the Dual controller to go with my HD Gloves.
The Gerbing dealer I bought them from is the largest on the east coast here in Maryland and a great guy. He is a rider also and really went out on a limb to get me what I needed. Won't go into it but a great guy.

When I rode out to his place it was in the upper 30's and I took back roads from Frederick maryland to Mt Airy off of 27N. It was about 27 miles but I stopped to get breakfast a few miles from home. When I got to his place I was pretty cold and was ready for the ride to end.

The HD gloves are made by Gerbing but I paid more for them and HD only offers a 1 year warranty. If I had bought them through Gerbing I believe it would have been lifetime and about $40 cheaper.

He turned the dials on full blast and off I went to get gas and head home. Before I got to the gas station only a few miles down the road I was wanting to pull over to turn the heat down. After gas I actually took the long way home down 80 and 355 and when I got home I was in no way wishing the ride was over because of the cold. I actually went inside to show my wife how warm I was.

I drive about 120miles a day to get to and from work and in a diesel I am looking at about $500 a month. The bike saves a lot in gas.
All in all I spent with the gloves (HD $150), jacket liner and controller ($300) this will greatly extend my riding season here in Maryland to days when it is not snowing, icy, or raining and I know I can ride comfortably in 30degree weather now!!! Thanks a lot Gerbing!

Quick Reply: Gerbing's or HD heated clothes?