Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zumo 665 & Harley Stereo Wireless Solution??

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 04:32 PM
SLOWH8R
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zumo 665 & Harley Stereo Wireless Solution??

I have a 2011 EG Ultra Limited with a Zumo 665 GPS. Using a 3/4 helmet w/Harley wired boom mike and a splitter for Earbuds.

Does anybody offer a solution to go Bluetooth and eliminate having to plug in??

I would like to access all of the Zumo features AND all of the Harley Stereo, CB and Intercom features while going wireless.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:55 AM
SLOWH8R
Intermediate

Let's try this again...anybody???

Old 03-27-2011, 10:22 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you might check zumoforums.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the Interphone F4 made by BlueAnt. Excellent system when properly fitted in your helmet, and pairing phone and GPS, and then GPS and headset provides flawless operation. The microphone noise cancellation is without par, and without caller ID my wife has to ask where I'm calling from; office or bike. Order of priority is phone>GPS commands>music, so if you're listening to music and a call come in it's displayed on the GPS and asks if you want to accept the call or ignore. The F4 provides outstanding intercom functions, very good bike-to-bike communication at some pretty respectable distances.

All intercoms have an Achilles, and for the F4 it's the connector that joins the unit to the headset. It has a 90 degree connector and those fine wires inside the cable get flexed a lot. I've had two headsets fail as a result of that connector and it's inadequate stress relief and my rough usage -- I'm tough on these things. *I've since fashioned a heavy duty paper clip around the connector and extended back 1/2" which added enough strength that I haven't had a repeat.

Web Bike World has some outstanding reviews on many intercoms here
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/.

-Dusty

Old 03-27-2011, 11:52 AM
BIGCHIEF
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check out the cvoharley forum. they have an extensive thread on the subject.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:20 PM
SLOWH8R
Intermediate

Thanks for all of your replies.

Looks like the only completely wireless solution, at this point, is J&M's setup which requires the use of their proprietary headset, bluetooth hub and harness to the tune of around $700-$800.

Think I'll stick with plugging in and out for now!

Old 03-27-2011, 06:33 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

This is the headset I would of gone with.
Would of gotten it off Amazon.com

http://www.senabluetooth.com/

Old 03-27-2011, 06:33 PM
VBlkUltra09
Intermediate

Try this, not sure if its what you are looking for.

http://www.hdbomm.com/

Old 03-27-2011, 07:02 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

This is from a dude in Tyler that has been doing a lot on Bluetooth.

You mount this bluetooth and listen to it threw yer headset.
I would perfer a modular full face helmet with speakers in it oh,

Well, it WORKED!!!!

In the Texas forum, I had a discussion rolling about the best helmet headsets and the SENA SMH10 Bluetooth units were suggested I wanted to be able to talk with my bride while we ride, manage my iPhone (calls), AND listen to the FM/AM/WX on the bike. I took the chance (with some help of great suggestions from some folks here) and it all works!

I was not as clever, so I simply tapped the 2 wires on each back speaker and ran simple speaker wire to the left back seat area where the the XM normally lives. From Radio Shack, I bought an MP3 extension chord. Cut off the chord at about 2' to use the female end. I spliced the wires from the speakers to the new MP3 female cable. I used the knockout where the wired in headset lived. Installed a grommet and have the female end of the MP3 cable where I can easily access it (I'll add a waterproof cap when I can find one).

This is the Sony TMR-BT10A. Plug this into the new MP3 Female cable on the bike. Power it up, pair it with the SENA Bluetooth helmet units.

I played with the levels just a very little bit and it sounds GREAT! So... now I have all audio controls still on the handlebar, connection to my phone (and all of its functions of course), and I can chat with my sweetie when she rides with me!

Another reason to have the Sony unit this way is that it does need to be charged, like most all Bluetooth units. This makes it really simple to remove for charging, rain, and to keep it from being stolen.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:20 PM
SLOWH8R
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cardboard
This is the headset I would of gone with.
Would of gotten it off Amazon.com

http://www.senabluetooth.com/
Problem with the Sena is that you can't use the CB, no way to audio out as I understand it.

Quick Reply: Zumo 665 & Harley Stereo Wireless Solution??