Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cvo amplifier....Biketronics Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Dawolf
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cvo amplifier....Biketronics Kit

I just installed a new radio after the hk bit the big one. I used a biketronics kit and tthey also gave me the pins to connect the rear speakers....everything was plugged back in and the new radio fires up....looks good....only problem is there is no sound. I checked with a speaker and there is sound coming direct from the radio, only it's not coming through the amplifier.....does anyone know if there is some kind of amplifier turn on lead for the stock amp?
It would seem to me that the amp would need some kind of remote wire to wake up when the radio turns on. The one for the turn on of the amplifier off of the stereo is not connected.
As it was I had to connect the wires directly into the big harness to hit the rear speakers. Has anyone ever run into this?

Old 05-28-2011, 08:49 AM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

There was a single wire coming out of my BT module and yes it is an amp turn on wire. it is usually blue.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:50 AM
Navy Mustang
Road Master
Received 307 Likes on 117 Posts

There should be a blue wire that turns the amp on. Connect this to your cig lighter hot post and you'll be in business.

Old 05-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Iron Cross Audio
Former Sponsor
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dawolf
I just installed a new radio after the hk bit the big one. I used a biketronics kit and tthey also gave me the pins to connect the rear speakers....everything was plugged back in and the new radio fires up....looks good....only problem is there is no sound. I checked with a speaker and there is sound coming direct from the radio, only it's not coming through the amplifier.....does anyone know if there is some kind of amplifier turn on lead for the stock amp?
It would seem to me that the amp would need some kind of remote wire to wake up when the radio turns on. The one for the turn on of the amplifier off of the stereo is not connected.
As it was I had to connect the wires directly into the big harness to hit the rear speakers. Has anyone ever run into this?

HK amp is activated by CAN BUS, not a supply voltage. Without the HK radio, the amp will not turn on.