Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BLUE LIGHTNING spark plugs!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 01:57 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default BLUE LIGHTNING spark plugs!

I had a friend of mine tell me about these plugs and said that he was at a rally and the Blue lightning folks were there. He said he had them installed and noticed the difference in power right away. Really? Has anyone ever heard of this?

Here is a link http://www.bluelightningsparkplugs.com/technology.aspx

Old 11-21-2011, 02:06 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 395 Likes on 337 Posts

careful of the voodoo.

1.) sophisticated enigine control systems 'expect' the sparkplugs to react in a certain way. substituting plugs with a different resistance characteristic may cause the ECM is retard timing if it thinks that there is spark knock

1.b) before & after comparos often pit the new product vs worn out or other components

2.) magic bullet theory.
An Auto Instructor once pointed out that with CAFE and emissions standards- if the turbulator or magic sparkplugs or magnet on the fuel line did anything, the manufacturers would use them, so as to increase power, reduce emissions or improve MPG.
Rather than carve pounds of weight from the bumper hoping to increase MPG.

so maybe your Pal experienced 1.b where his new sparkplugs replaced worn out or improper plugs, and he had high expectations.

Mike

Old 11-21-2011, 02:16 PM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I call BS !!!!!!!
"They" claim to align the molecules so that there is less friction and resistance. That should mean that the electrons flow a lot more freely and faster.
If that was the case, how does it cause "longer lasting spark discharges"? Wouldn't the electrons flow faster, and then the spark discharge is over faster?

Old 11-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I bet your friend would have experienced the same oomph with oem plugs. New vs old. No plug gives more hp. None. Those iridium plugs because the electrode gets so hot will actually cause pre-ignition of the fuel. That's bad. Stick with cheap coppers and change them every season. Done deal.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:19 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mkguitar
careful of the voodoo.

1.) sophisticated enigine control systems 'expect' the sparkplugs to react in a certain way. substituting plugs with a different resistance characteristic may cause the ECM is retard timing if it thinks that there is spark knock

1.b) before & after comparos often pit the new product vs worn out or other components

2.) magic bullet theory.
An Auto Instructor once pointed out that with CAFE and emissions standards- if the turbulator or magic sparkplugs or magnet on the fuel line did anything, the manufacturers would use them, so as to increase power, reduce emissions or improve MPG.
Rather than carve pounds of weight from the bumper hoping to increase MPG.

so maybe your Pal experienced 1.b where his new sparkplugs replaced worn out or improper plugs, and he had high expectations.

Mike
Yea I'm with ya, I didn't buy into the whole idea. I don't know that I would have worded it as well as you just did though. I was just wondering if anyone has tried or had any experiences with them?

Old 11-21-2011, 03:25 PM
10Seconds
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plus if the new plugs are a dif temp he could notice a difference but then the air/fuel mix might be off too...

This is one of those voodoo upgrades like magnets on fuel lines, etc.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:37 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Cryo treatment can have benefits in many applicationss, and it does realign the molecular crystaline structure of the base metal. However, in a spark plug, does the treatment provide enough benefit to justify the additional manufacturing process? Are they compatable with our ignitions' knock sensing function? Enhancing ignition performance is a great way to get more power out of any vehicle with less than optimum ignition. The HD EFI ignition is pretty robust and there is not much room for improvement. Ever look for a performance coil for your late model bagger?

Old 11-21-2011, 03:45 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Yeah? Next thing your going to tell me is that my GREMLIN BELL doesn't do anything.

Old 11-21-2011, 04:07 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Indexing your plugs can help but I doubt the blue lightning does.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Turbo Turtle
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have to agree with James here. Indexing will do more than any plug change could.
Not just my $0.02

aka Bob

Quick Reply: BLUE LIGHTNING spark plugs!