Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speakers/lower fairings

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 09:03 PM
CHILLLS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Speakers/lower fairings

sohhhhhhh.... you can put 6.5" in the lower fairings right??
think im getting closer to getting a set of vented lowers & was thinking about putting speakers in them witch started the whole LETS CHANGE THE FAIRING SPEAKERS TOO. i would like to keep all the speakers the same size (dont know why) so im going to change the fairing speakers to 6.5" if i can put them in the lowers too.

Last edited by CHILLLS; 02-08-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:15 AM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 111 Posts

Read this thread, writen by Harleypingman. He is extremely knowledgable with that subject and did a very good job with this one. Just copy and search this one. It is very well writen with pics and a complete step by step. 2 recomendations, first use the search section and second proof read your thread before ya start it. I think you meant to put an if where you have an is??? Not sure but again anything and everything you ever wanted to know about the 6.5's in the lowers is there and comes from a great source. Good luck and i hope this helps
2011 CVO Street Glide Speaker Boxes Installed w/ pics
Kris

Old 02-08-2012, 09:35 AM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

I initially put the 5" Lowers kit from Hogtunes in my bike and ran them for 2 years. Sounded good. Last year I replaced them with their 7" Woofer kit and new amp and it really rocks.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:09 PM
CHILLLS
Road Captain

cool thanks
yep meant to say IF not IS

Old 02-09-2012, 12:57 AM
sublime_ac
Road Master

Currently running JL Audio 6.5" coaxials in the fairing / lowers, powered by an Arc KS125.4 amp.. It could be done with the KS125.2 as well but I wanted the tuning flexibility provided by separate gain and crossover settings for the speakers..

At any rate I am going to switch out the speakers to the Arc Audio Moto 602 series speakers in the fairing / lowers.. I am always trying new stuff and I like what I hear about these new speakers...

Definitely use the Harley CVO Speaker pods for the lowers.. Cheap, great fit and good sound quality..

Old 02-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Here's the thread Kris referenced in his post for using the CVO SG speaker boxes/housings:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ed-w-pics.html

Carl

Old 02-09-2012, 09:36 PM
CHILLLS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by sublime_ac
Currently running JL Audio 6.5" coaxials in the fairing / lowers, powered by an Arc KS125.4 amp.. It could be done with the KS125.2 as well but I wanted the tuning flexibility provided by separate gain and crossover settings for the speakers..

At any rate I am going to switch out the speakers to the Arc Audio Moto 602 series speakers in the fairing / lowers.. I am always trying new stuff and I like what I hear about these new speakers...

Definitely use the Harley CVO Speaker pods for the lowers.. Cheap, great fit and good sound quality..
thanks, been keeping an eye on your threads about stereo stuff...(hey that sounds like im stalking you ).
i think we are about the same age from some of the stuff youve talked about. you live in nor cal are you in the sac area? just wondering cause i wouldnt mind hearing how your buke sounds.
i used to work for FAIROAKS ELECTRONICS back in the day & built plenty of systems but have been out of it for some time.
thanks for the reply & thanks to everyone else.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:52 PM
SlimsSG
Tourer

You can actually put 7.25" speakers in the lowers. I just added the J&M Rokkers this winter. Sound awesome. Of course it's best with a 4 channel amp vs. just running them through the stereo.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:02 AM
sublime_ac
Road Master

Originally Posted by CHILLLS
thanks, been keeping an eye on your threads about stereo stuff...(hey that sounds like im stalking you ).
i think we are about the same age from some of the stuff youve talked about. you live in nor cal are you in the sac area? just wondering cause i wouldnt mind hearing how your buke sounds.
i used to work for FAIROAKS ELECTRONICS back in the day & built plenty of systems but have been out of it for some time.
I am 40.. I live in the central valley.. I remember fair oaks electronics and acme top shop, along with Lodi Auto Stereo etc.. I haven't had a sound-off car in over 14 years.

I should have my iPad fairing before street vibrations, that'll take me up your way and give me a reason to show something off

Old 02-10-2012, 06:02 AM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 111 Posts
Default Same deal here

sublime ac and i have had some of the same conversations. While i am far away and it is about 15 degrees and snowing right now, I also am from the old school of cell phone, alarm, sound sytem install and share alot of you guys's thoughts. Great place to learn from others. I hope to try a set of the JL's out like sl ac is removing.

Originally Posted by CHILLLS