Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's official...J&M Rokker SUCKS!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 01:51 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 395 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by Focker RN
Why do they call it a teacher workday? Do they not work while the kids are there?
yes they do but they cant talk about the buggers in front of them-!

often a work day ( in the USA) will involve planning for shooters in the schools or other civil emergency.
a new kind of duck and cover

or teacher instruction as to curriculum and /or policies

sometimes your local pta type group will be involved in these as well

enjoy the day with the kids

I bought some J&M stuff it was horrible junk- it came from the classifieds, it went back on the classifieds

mike

Old 03-25-2017, 05:15 AM
LoneWoolf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Eshaw301
I turned my speakers up to max and he turned his up to 3/4 and I couldnt hear my music any more...and the bikes were sitting right next to each other less than about 3 feet away!!!

Old 03-25-2017, 05:17 AM
skydude426
Club Member
Received 385 Likes on 221 Posts

The wife and I have J&M headsets. They work great for bike to bike communication. For listening to music, not so much. The bass is nonexistent, but we bought them mostly for communication. I wish Bose made motorcycle headsets.

Old 03-25-2017, 05:29 AM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
Maybe it's me. But since I started riding 61 years ago yesterday I am dumbfounded at the issue of how a radio sounds on a motorcycle.

It just does not seem proper. I lived too long. Motorcycles are for riding into the sunset not listening to music. That's what a media room in your home is for. What a shame.
Man, you got that right! We're crying about stereo systems on motorcycles? Somebody's missin' the point here!

Old 03-25-2017, 05:46 AM
skydude426
Club Member
Received 385 Likes on 221 Posts

I mostly ride without the radio on. I like to hear things around me when riding in city traffic and I like to be able to speak to riding companions at stop lights. When I like listening to music the most is when I'm riding alone and cruising down the open rode. I found that upgraded speakers make enough of a difference for me. I currently have Hog Tune speakers and they are much better than stock.

I like loud rock n roll but I would think to make it loud enough to sound really clear on a motorcycle going down the high way, it would be so loud my ears would hurt and I'm beyond that in life. The wind and exhaust noise beats me up enough.

Old 03-26-2017, 08:31 AM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,563 Likes on 1,082 Posts

Maybe it's me. But since I started riding 61 years ago yesterday I am dumbfounded at the issue of how a radio sounds on a motorcycle.

It just does not seem proper. I lived too long. Motorcycles are for riding into the sunset not listening to music. That's what a media room in your home is for. What a shame.
What's your secret for your 13 hour days in the saddle? Do you just listen to the exhaust, view the sights and concentrate on the road? If riding in the twilight or nighttime hours, what is keeping your mind occupied?
I find I enjoy listening to music as I watch the sights go by. I even try to program the music I'm listening to based on the sights I'm viewing (dramatic, mellow, high intensity, etc). The music improves my overall experience. Sometimes on lonely stretches of the interstate I'll listen to some talk radio. Volume is just low enough that I can still hear my pipes as I putt along.......

Old 03-26-2017, 10:22 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 378 Likes on 228 Posts

I have been running My J&M Rokkers for 5 years (with an amp). They are loud and sound reasonably good. They are light weight and 100% water proof.

Never could understand why some folks are so butt hurt about J&M products. Maybe I was just the lucky one...

Old 03-27-2017, 07:49 AM
Steel Wheels
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 167 Posts

Well old timer, take comfort knowing that there's at least one man on here who's in your camp. Me. I've never ridden and found myself thinking how nice a radio would be.

The new nav systems, however, are at least practical.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:05 AM
LoneWoolf
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Steel Wheels
Well old timer, take comfort knowing that there's at least one man on here who's in your camp.
Make that two. I can understand that if you are crossing the Mojave some tunes might be okay, but to worry about who's got bigger and amps

Old 03-27-2017, 01:06 PM
Electraglidin
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Standard with no radio...on longer solo rides I find myself staring at the empty hole where the head unit will eventually go. I think good, loud, tunes with clarity(for a scooter) will double the enjoyment/relaxation. But i rarely do ANYTHING without some sort of music playing.

Quick Reply: It's official...J&M Rokker SUCKS!!!!!