Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In for Surgery!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Pops
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In for Surgery!

Hello everyone.... I felt it was time to make some changes in my life so I started a diet and since its going great I decided to take my scooter in for surgery. I don't know why but I was lucky on bothe decisions. So here is some info on what I did. I have always fallen in this catagory: Fat, Large, Thick or Big and before I got T-Boned on my bike I weighed 250LBS. After numerous surgeries on my wrist, shoulders and the two fusions I plumped up to 319LBS. I started a diet on April 14, 2013 and as of today I weigh 293LBS And then there is the Scooter issue! Decided that once my mechanic returned from the North Slope I would get some work done on her. She is still a bone stock 2003 FLHTCUI and have always taken it to the dealer to get the scheduled maintenance work done on her. I just had a bad feeling last fall during my last ride that something was wrong. I had 35,002 miles on her at the time. In for Surgery!-6.jpg

In for Surgery!-5.jpg

In for Surgery!-3.jpg

Attached Thumbnails In for Surgery!-holy-moly.jpg  
Old 05-10-2013, 04:39 PM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

one word, lucky!!

Old 05-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Pops
Road Captain

Originally Posted by pit1600
one word, lucky!!
Pit1600...That is what the doctor told me when I got ran over. I believe there is a reason for everything to include being ran over. With the way things are in the world today you have to take it however you can. France Hmmm have you ever been to Alaska? I asked my mechanic what he would do so if it were his bike In for Surgery!-new-part.jpg

In for Surgery!-purty.jpghe said go pick this up!

Old 05-10-2013, 04:54 PM
basselope
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HOLY WOW!
Looks like you caught that one just in time.

Hope you both heal up right. You're both gonna need the power if you keep landing halibut like the one in your avatar.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:01 PM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Pops
Pit1600...That is what the doctor told me when I got ran over. I believe there is a reason for everything to include being ran over. With the way things are in the world today you have to take it however you can. France Hmmm have you ever been to Alaska? I asked my mechanic what he would do so if it were his bike Attachment 314333

Attachment 314334he said go pick this up!
never in Alaska, maybe one day...

I made with buddies a "little turn" in West Coast in 2011 and now are saving to return in USA for Daytona in 2014.

USA is for us the country of Santa Claus

Take care of you

Old 05-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Pops
Road Captain

Originally Posted by basselope
HOLY WOW!
Looks like you caught that one just in time.

Hope you both heal up right. You're both gonna need the power if you keep landing halibut like the one in your avatar.
Basselope....Name is Jerome and I healed up well from all four of the fusions. It was a good catch and I believe in my mechanic and would recomend him to anyone coming to Alaska. Treats your bike as though its his own. Here is more that is being done as I write to you. Im sitting here at work and he is texting me photos of his progress.In for Surgery!-new-jugs.jpg

In for Surgery!-oil-pump-old-and-new.jpg

In for Surgery!-1550.jpg

In for Surgery!-purty.jpg

What you think about all this?

Old 05-10-2013, 05:09 PM
pit1600
Outstanding HDF Member

a little bit jealous of a new 95". Could you tell us more about this build?

Old 05-10-2013, 05:24 PM
basselope
Road Captain

I'm with pit1600 here... DETAILS MAN, WE NEED DETAILS! LOL

Looks like your wrench is taking good care of you, Jerome. I'm assuming cams and hydraulic tensioner are going in. Let us know what all you're having done... and definitely let us know how she turns out! Always great to hear from someone who falls in live with his girl all over again.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Pops
Road Captain

Originally Posted by basselope
I'm with pit1600 here... DETAILS MAN, WE NEED DETAILS! LOL

Looks like your wrench is taking good care of you, Jerome. I'm assuming cams and hydraulic tensioner are going in. Let us know what all you're having done... and definitely let us know how she turns out! Always great to hear from someone who falls in live with his girl all over again.
I see your in Ohio.... My wife and I are heading your way next summer. Alaska to Indianapolis and back....SheeeYattt tell me thats not a cool road trip!

I am going to get out of jail in forty-five minutes and head over to my mechanics house to check it out. I will post more in the next couple days. The only thing he cannot do is the mapping so I HAVE to take it to the dealer. Here is the latest photo of the build....Hell of a gift from my wife and son don't you think?In for Surgery!-getting-closer.jpg My wife picked up the parts the other day and when I got home she said I'm not suppose to open it per my mechanic...I was like a crackhead in the dark all night trying tosee through that damn cardboard....damn I love that woman!!

Old 05-10-2013, 07:35 PM
basselope
Road Captain

... she got a sister? Sounds like a damn fine woman you've got there! A little cruel, but still... I could deal with that!

There's some beautiful country between you and Indy... but any road trip can be a good one if you do it right! Wife and I spent a week in Shipshewana (Amish country in northern Indiana) last year and loved touring the back roads just taking in the scenery. Gotta watch out for cows in the middle of the road, though! LOL And sitting outside at night, sipping ice tea listening to the crickets and clippity-clop of buggies... very peaceful.

Looking forward to the updates... just don't get yourself in trouble at work telling us all about it.

Quick Reply: In for Surgery!