Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Street Glide CVO Rear End

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 07:53 AM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts
Default 2010 Street Glide CVO Rear End

Hey guys, to any of you who switched your stock 2010 up Street Glides rear end to the Harley CVO kit how extensive time wise and complicated in the disassembly department was the rear fender taillight switch over? Is it something that will down the bike long enough to wait until winter or is it pretty quick and straight forward for the home mechanic? Love to see a pic if u have one? Thanks

Last edited by Rickr01; 06-20-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:11 AM
vegashd
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It can be done in a day taking your time. about 4 hours if your trying to get it done

Old 06-20-2013, 08:24 AM
Stew Pidaso
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickr01
Hey guys, to any of you who switched your stock 2010 up Street Glides rear end to the Harley CVO kit how extensive time wise and complicated in the disassembly department was the rear fender taillight switch over? Is it something that will down the bike long enough to wait until winter or is it pretty quick and straight forward for the home mechanic? Love to see a pic if u have one? Thanks
It can be done on your garage inside of a day easy. You will need a jack to raise the bike. No need to remove the rear wheel as long as you have a helper and are very careful.

I did this mod to my '09 SG. There are pics in the build thread. Do a search "Can't wait to put some COLOR on my bike "

Last edited by Stew Pidaso; 06-20-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:38 AM
Rickr01
Club Member

Originally Posted by Stew Pidaso
It can be done on your garage inside of a day easy. You will need a jack to raise the bike. No need to remove the rear wheel as long as you have a helper and are very careful.

I did this mod to my '09 SG. There are pics in the build thread. Do a search "Can't wait to put some COLOR on my bike "
Just what I wanted to hear! Thanks I'm ordering the kit and the Harley extended bag bottoms tomorrow! I was surprised to learn that the bags you can buy already color matched but not the rear fender. I like the clean CVO rear look. Thanks again guys.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:50 AM
JY Kelly
Supporter
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I want to get the CVO rear but just canNOT abide by the cost.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:05 AM
Rickr01
Club Member

I've been saving my pennies for awhile. The Harley kit isn't too bad compared to others, particularly considering its an easy back yard bolt up with everything needed included. No trim to fit!

Old 06-20-2013, 10:43 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

The Harley CVO bars are not stretched enough in my opinion. I would order bags that are stretched the same length all teh way across. You might want to check this out prior to buying. The fender is sick, but the bags leave something to be desired.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:53 AM
TexFF
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really dig the fender but $1K is just stupid. You can get a quality rear fender AND extended bags for close to that. All it's doing is stroking HD's ego even more!!!!

Old 06-20-2013, 02:22 PM
Stew Pidaso
Road Master

Originally Posted by Rickr01
Just what I wanted to hear! Thanks I'm ordering the kit and the Harley extended bag bottoms tomorrow! I was surprised to learn that the bags you can buy already color matched but not the rear fender. I like the clean CVO rear look. Thanks again guys.
You may want to check out the CVO stretched bags from V-Twin mfg. They run $365 unpainted. Not much more than the fake stretch from H-D. That's what mine are.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:27 PM
Stew Pidaso
Road Master

Originally Posted by JY Kelly
I want to get the CVO rear but just canNOT abide by the cost.
You can recoup some of the cost by selling your take offs in the classifieds. The whole rear setup usually goes for around $350. Also dealers that sell online will typically take 20% off. I paid $800 for mine from Kutter Janesville WI. H-D

Quick Reply: 2010 Street Glide CVO Rear End