Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grip Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 05:18 PM
scorchedearthpolicy
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Grip Help!!!

I must be getting old because my throttle hand likes to cramp up while riding, lol I'm not squeezing the bars to tight or anything like that either. Any thoughts on grips to help with cramping? I've seen the Avon Air Cushion grips and the Kuryakyn ISO grips so far...Any help would be great! Thanks!

Old 07-30-2013, 05:27 PM
12hdrk
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scorchedearthpolicy
I must be getting old because my throttle hand likes to cramp up while riding, lol I'm not squeezing the bars to tight or anything like that either. Any thoughts on grips to help with cramping? I've seen the Avon Air Cushion grips and the Kuryakyn ISO grips so far...Any help would be great! Thanks!
Unfortunately, grips are like seats. My suggestion could be spot on for you or worse than your current grips. I put on Harley Willie G. grips. I like the combination of rubber and plastic. All rubber stock ones made my hands ache. Not cramp but pain nonetheless.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:39 PM
hdbob2006
Stellar HDF Member
Received 419 Likes on 297 Posts

Get a throttle boss.The kury one is a lot better than the piece of black plastic crap that wraps around the grip. Do you have and use the set screw under the throttle side? A little tension on the screw helps a lot.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:50 PM
scorchedearthpolicy
Road Master

Originally Posted by 12hdrk
Unfortunately, grips are like seats. My suggestion could be spot on for you or worse than your current grips. I put on Harley Willie G. grips. I like the combination of rubber and plastic. All rubber stock ones made my hands ache. Not cramp but pain nonetheless.
Yeah, I was just hoping to get a lot of responses and maybe a couple will stick out that I can try.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:53 PM
Catfish9450
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

carpel tunnel...

Old 07-30-2013, 05:54 PM
scorchedearthpolicy
Road Master

Originally Posted by hdbob2006
Get a throttle boss.The kury one is a lot better than the piece of black plastic crap that wraps around the grip. Do you have and use the set screw under the throttle side? A little tension on the screw helps a lot.
I have the stock chrome rubber Harley grips and they stink! I tried a throttle boss and tension on the set screw....I'm thinkin I need alarger diameter softer grip. Which kinda sucks because years ago I used to run Baxter grips on my Springer....getting old I guess, lol

Old 07-30-2013, 05:55 PM
scorchedearthpolicy
Road Master

Originally Posted by Catfish9450
carpel tunnel...
Probably since I've worked in a factory for the last 16 years after getting out of the Army.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:17 PM
Dobe66
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Try som grip puppies. Just foam tubes (treated so UVs don't break them down) that silp over your stock grips. Started using them years ago and the increased size pretty much eliminated any hand fatigue or cramping. Added benefit is that they're very inexpensive, easy to install (or remove) and you can find out if the increased size solves your problem before springing for new grips.

Old 07-30-2013, 11:07 PM
scorchedearthpolicy
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dobe66
Try som grip puppies. Just foam tubes (treated so UVs don't break them down) that silp over your stock grips. Started using them years ago and the increased size pretty much eliminated any hand fatigue or cramping. Added benefit is that they're very inexpensive, easy to install (or remove) and you can find out if the increased size solves your problem before springing for new grips.
Where can I buy those?

Old 07-30-2013, 11:23 PM
madhunter60
Road Captain
Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

do a internet search, there are several places.

Quick Reply: Grip Help!!!