Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjustable Rider Backrest

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 08:29 PM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Adjustable Rider Backrest

Earlier today, I was at my local shop (***'s HD--Rock Hill, S.C.). I struck up a conversation with someone and he showed me his bike. I've never been into riders backrest. But good lord it's comfortable.

Guess what, now I want one. Heck, last year I bought a docking kit, sissy bar and pad for my girl (she still won't ride.grrrrrr); last week, I bought the brown SG, solo seat. Now, I want the riders back rest.

The solo seat is cool for riding around town. But since I'm in the Carolina's (AKA, God's Country), I love doing long back road rides and hitting the mountains. I can generally do 400 - 500 miles w/o pain but with a backrest... At least, that's the story that I'm gonna try to sell to my lady.

So, I assume that I can use the adjustable rider backrest on the stock seat of my Streetglide. But, is there any con's or anything that I need to watch out about if I did invest in the adjustable backrest?

Thanks!

Old 12-07-2013, 08:37 PM
carmanspd
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have the adjustable on my Classic. Love it, but it barely fits under the stock SG seat I have when I have the TourPak off. Also, the adjuster may interfere with some accessory attachments.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:37 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

the only con I can think of is getting too comfortable and falling asleep

Old 12-07-2013, 08:44 PM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by ynots
the only con I can think of is getting too comfortable and falling asleep
Now that's funny...

Old 12-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Had it on my 12 and now my 14. It will sit you a bit more forward but it is nice on a long ride and with the arm rest and the tour pack back rest kind of keeps the wife contained while she sleeps.

Old 12-07-2013, 09:52 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Both my wife and I have severely degenerated disks and cant ride for more than a few miles without our backrests before we gotta get off or stir up some real issues....get the Mustang unit with the bracket for stock seats, its the best Ive ever had and Ive tried quit a few.

Old 12-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Jags93
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The base is a little tight with the rg/sg seats but does work. What I don't like about them is the exposed metal post between the seat and the pad. I've been meaning to cut out about 4" from the post and weld it back together so the pad sits right on top of the seat. It would look alot better.

Old 12-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by TUCCI
Both my wife and I have severely degenerated disks and cant ride for more than a few miles without our backrests before we gotta get off or stir up some real issues....get the Mustang unit with the bracket for stock seats, its the best Ive ever had and Ive tried quit a few.
Have you ever tried the Harley adjustable version? It is BY FAR the best on the market and I have tried the Mustang, C&C and the other Harley one...I would much rather have the look of the Mustang seat again but the backrest is not even close to as comfortable...

Old 12-07-2013, 10:04 PM
TI06
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

If the seat you're talking about is the low profile solo in brown or black it's not available with a rider's backrest. Nice seat too. I've been looking myself and this was on my radar.

Old 12-07-2013, 10:16 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,524 Likes on 1,421 Posts

HD Adjustable here too, very comfy.
Comes off when Sweetie rides with me.
Integral part of my Comfort Package.

Quick Reply: Adjustable Rider Backrest