Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any reviews on the RC Components rcx-celerator?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 07:40 AM
flht2009
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any reviews on the RC Components rcx-celerator?

was thinking about purchasing this for my 09 anyone tried this I have cams and some head work done now running a fuel pak but only getting about 150 to a tank. runs great does not run hot just looking to get the fuel pak off, and a little better mpgand the auto tune would be nice foe additional add ons later. lol

Old 05-27-2015, 05:51 AM
ericl
Road Warrior
Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Bump to the top

Old 05-27-2015, 08:46 AM
Impala_ss
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fuel Moto

If you were just running a stage 1 upgrade it would probably be ok but I do not think it is much upgrade from your Fuel Pak. I have ran the Fuel Pak on stage 1's and they are ok but with cam and head mods you need something better.

How about a power commander from Fuel Moto? Then you will not be using a stock map from power commander's website. Fuel Moto provides a custom tun for your setup and free tunes for life if you make changes. You could also add the auto tune but that is more $$$ of course.

I am on my 3rd bike through Fuel Moto with multiple setups and they have all ran perfect. They even have deals on their website from time to time for used units if you are looking to save some money.

Old 05-27-2015, 12:05 PM
tOSUSteve
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Reading posts on roadglide forum of it screwing up throttle by wire & another guy who has had 2 of them go bad. IMO I would go with a mirco-tuner from Fuel Moto

Old 05-27-2015, 12:25 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Ya did cams and headwork but ya don't want a proper flash tuner and/tune?? Good luck...

Old 05-27-2015, 01:55 PM
stic2it
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

150 miles to a tank? Ouch, tuner would pay for itself!

Old 05-27-2015, 02:51 PM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 136 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by tOSUSteve
Reading posts on roadglide forum of it screwing up throttle by wire & another guy who has had 2 of them go bad. IMO I would go with a mirco-tuner from Fuel Moto
=================

I have read the opposite about the rc-xcelerator being a good unit with no feedback of failure from anyone untill what i read here .

But i guess no matter what your talking about even good mfg's can have a bad unit here or there (esp new design units) and or someone thats had an issue-s with it.

Heck ,nobodys perfect, look at issues Micorsoft , Apple , and major car mfg's have all had along the way over the past 8-10yrs with issues with their products and mult recalls involved etc.

I also read a few months back in bike mag (forgot which one) that did a rvu/article on the RCXcelerator praising it's abilities when coupled with
better breathing aftermarket exhaust & AC constantly monitoring engine to ensure EFI/AFR is keep at peak operating efficiency at all times no matter what cond the motors seeing at the time.

When i save up enough $$$$ i am going to give the RC-Xcelerator a try on my 09 FLHTCU.

It seems to run pretty well for having stock ECU control without much if any hesitation and or surging or running excessively hot like many people rept happening .

But with knowing the factory mapping fuel curve is in fact very lean for emissions that it would almost have run better with RC-Componants fuel management system with motor having better/crisper /faster throttle response with the TBW system,more snap and or power when you get into it hard like getting up to speed from an onramp onto an interstate along with maybe running a bit cooler too which is what i would hope to get from the RC-Xcelerator.

There's also the cheaper XIEDs which do work at richening up fuel mixture all the time no matter the cond the motors in at the time making it run better vs stock lean fuel mapping but not most efficient by any means either.

But i like the fact the xcelerator plug & play fuel management system constantly monitors and adjusts fuel curve/afr for the actual cond the motors seeing every second it's running for best perf & max operating efficiency @ all times without having to play with fuel mapping & or download maps when running simple conservative stage-1 type exhaust & AC mods.

Scott

Last edited by wscott; 05-27-2015 at 02:54 PM.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:05 PM
mikeo33y
Road Warrior
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by tOSUSteve
what he said. i have a Micro Tuner from FM and it works awesome. massive customer service to go with it too.