Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm Shocked!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 10:14 AM
skypilot_one
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for the reply. Makes perfect sense as the adjustable eye is longer. The lowered ride height in the rear will help it track straighter too.

I really want Howard's front end treatment on my bike!

Last edited by skypilot_one; 09-21-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:44 AM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 494 Posts

Good for you, OP! You have discovered what some here will never know...that basically, the older bikes will do what's REALLY important as well as the newer ones, especially if you invest some money in your old friend! Now, that's getting back to some old school basics, right there!

I ride an '06 Street Glide, and I know that the engine has some shortcomings but those can be fixed for about $1500 or so. Otherwise, it provides me everything I need for the basic triad that's important...the bike, the road, and me! Ya don't need the latest and greatest for that unless, ya just want to keep up with The Joneses!

Now, if your old scooter was truly worn out, well, that's where ya gotta wonder about how you spend your money...but spending $3K to save $30K...a no-brainer.

Again, good for you!

Old 09-21-2014, 11:46 AM
RThomas4223
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Please stop the bickering!!!

All:

I started this thread to give my fellow forum members a perspective of one who LOVES his Harley. I also gave & still give Kudos to Howard because he has given me EXCELLENT information and service.

I have also owned several businesses over the years, & know that, despite one's best efforts, one can NOT make everyone happy. For these reasons, we have not only Harley, but Victory & Indian, & lots of metric wanna-be's.

I did NOT start this thread so anyone's dirty laundry could be aired in public.

If my readers can't get their comments back on track, I'll close the thread.

With all due respect to the allegedly score-keeping football freak, my scorebook has Howard as the National Champion & he (& his products) are so far out front, if it were a calvary charge, you couldn't see his troop with your best artillery field glasses.

We've all now expressed our opinions, let's move on.

BTW, may God bless you ALL richly.

RT

Old 09-21-2014, 01:03 PM
pdzani
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My experience with Howard has been great, I purchased 2-2 B's in April of 2012 and they have been performing better than expected. Purchased a new bike last year and transferred them over, they have 38 K total on them and will send them in for a rebuild shortly because they are mechanical and parts and seals will wear over time. Whenever I called him for questions or set up he was always available. That's been my experience with Howard and I will continue to do business with the man.

If I ever did have a problem with Howard I would take it up with him personally. You will never please everyone 100 % of the time no matter what you do.

Old 10-31-2014, 12:40 PM
cowboybob56
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

During the 30's, you wanted to compete against thousands for a job and good enough for government work had an entirely different meaning.