Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Helmets

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 06:33 PM
bikernutgoofy
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmets

I just purchased a new 2015 Tri-Guide and was wondering if anyone knew who installed speakers in helmets. I have a Simpson Outlaw Bandit and want to get my headset installed by some one who does this. I have a older Simpson Bandit that I did the installation and it left a lot to be desired but it works but it is with the headset for my 1995 FLTCU and not compatible with my 2015

Old 12-14-2014, 06:46 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,199 Likes on 711 Posts

I know JMC does this not sure about anyone else. Recently did mine on a Arai full face and it was a breeze. Helmet had pockets in the side of the helmet meant for speakers I think. I just peeled back the padding inserted the speaker and pulled the lining back over the speaker. Mic bolted up on the side of the helmet and wires slid up and behind the padding. only took me 20 minutes at most.
You can save some money on this but it is up to you.

Just click the helmet button to see what they install on what helmet. Good luck.
http://www.jmcorp.com/index.htm

Old 12-14-2014, 08:43 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Here is what I did...
Bought a pair of Sony Professional Studio head sets. Took off the headgear, and glued about 1/2 of foam to the ear pieces. Then installed a patch of Velcro 'loop' in the ear detents of the helmet. A piece of Velcro 'hooks' on top of the foam on the ear pieces. Perfect fit over my ears. I can listen to Bluegrass or Voodoo music so loud it makes my eyes bleed and it doesn't bother anyone. In the picture the headphones are plugged into a Sena Bluetooth bike to bike intercom, but they can be plugged directly into the radio or speaker jack on the dash of the trike. Easy job and the sound is great!!

Good Luck!

Attached Thumbnails Helmets-stereo-2sn.jpg  
Old 12-15-2014, 02:49 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

I've had a slew of bikes with headset setups and for me a lot depends on the helmet used. I'm not familiar with your helmet. I've owned HJC, Harley, and others. For me the best fit with headset speakers is a Fulmer, both 3/4 and Full flip helmet. They have a large and deep ear pocket that accepts the speakers without rubbing the sides of my ears...and I wear a size large helmet, so no I don't have a very large size melon...I love the deep pockets of a Fulmer helmet...try several on and see how they fit with a speaker installed. You should be able to find a speaker pod that doesn't work from someone to use as a test speaker...everyone's head is shaped a little different...