Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

New codes

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 04:54 AM
ZBear
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New codes

After I got back from my jaunt this weekend, including some 87 octane gas, I went to the Shell station yesterday morning to top off with some 93 octane. When I went to leave, I had a code "bus Er" on the speedo and the trike died a couple times before I kept it running. Took it the six blocks home and drove the car to work. I did use the garden hose on Sunday and washed the bugs off and didn't do anything out of the ordinary. I googled that code when I got to work and read posts about moisture getting into connections. The only thing that was similiar to my situation was that I have a GPS plugged into the lighter socket, which I sealed at the time.

When I got home last evening, I wheeled the trike out of the garage and didn't get the code again. I took my hair dryer and blew warm air into the socket to make sure there wasn't any moisture.

This morning I printed off how to access and clear codes and there was only one: U1300.

Serial Data Low Serial Data Low Instuments Serial Data Low TSM/TSSM

The bus Er code hasn't came up again. I cleared the codes and I will try to take it to work this morning and check codes again. Don't like it when something isn't right and I hate driving the car to work.

Old 06-30-2015, 07:20 AM
JimRicker
Novice
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

ZBear where did you find how to read the codes at? Glad it wasn't anything serious.

Jim

Old 06-30-2015, 11:25 AM
Tryker Dude
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JimRicker
ZBear where did you find how to read the codes at? Glad it wasn't anything serious.

Jim
If you have the service manual it explains the process there. Not sure the owners manual has that info.

Old 06-30-2015, 05:12 PM
ZBear
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JimRicker

Jim
I used the search function of this forum.

Old 06-30-2015, 05:14 PM
ZBear
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Tryker Dude
If you have the service manual it explains the process there. Not sure the owners manual has that info.
I looked 1st in my service manual. It mentioned checking the electrical manual, which I didn't have. I went to the "Holy Grail": the search function of this forum.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:16 PM
MB1953
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Tryker Dude

Not sure about previous years, but on the '14 MY, if you hold down the odometer sequence button (on the left hand control module) while turning the ignition switch to the ON position, it puts the bike in diagnostics mode, indicated by "diag" in the speedo display. The odometer button then lets you sequence through the codes for the ECM, BCM, speedo and radio.

The info is in the Electrical manual.