Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

New trike owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 11:15 PM
cmc seabee
Cruiser

Received 71 Likes on 26 Posts
Default New trike owner

Traded in my 2010 Street Glide for a 2015 Tri Glide Ultra last Sunday.

Hated to do it, but it was the only way to get my wife to start riding with me again.

We had a friend killed a few years ago while we were on a run and she has never felt safe on a two wheeler since.

The things we do for our wives, huh ?

Anyway just wanted to introduce myself and let you know I will be spending my time on this section instead of the Touring from now on.

I just took the 3 wheel course last September and would appreciate any advice you guys could give me.

Ride safe

Old 07-26-2015, 11:35 PM
desertclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Welcome, ride and become comfortable with the new tri. DK Custom is a great place to start. Find his posts on this site and you will get a super amount of info on the tri glide. Jim

Old 07-27-2015, 04:23 AM
Fusionfool
Road Captain
Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Welcome! Many of us are here also rode for years on 2 and have went 3 for the wives, and or leg / knee issues, and more. Bottom line is we all still ride and enjoy the ride.
Enjoy the new ride. You will get lots of good information here. There are many tips, if your having any discomforts, or concerns about the tri glide, then ask what others have done to make it better.
1st tip: Remember the extra width in the rear when going up to gas pump

Old 07-27-2015, 06:41 AM
cochon
Road Warrior
Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Fusionfool
Welcome! Many of us are here also rode for years on 2 and have went 3 for the wives, and or leg / knee issues, and more. Bottom line is we all still ride and enjoy the ride.
Enjoy the new ride. You will get lots of good information here. There are many tips, if your having any discomforts, or concerns about the tri glide, then ask what others have done to make it better.
1st tip: Remember the extra width in the rear when going up to gas pump

Yeah, what he said! Especially the part about the extra width at the gas pumps, or the toll booth, or going into your garage, or pulling up next to somebody at a stop sign. Anyway, welcome to the forum, enjoy your new ride and Ride Safe
Mike

Old 07-27-2015, 08:00 AM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts
Thumbs up Welcome to our world

Practice turns enjoy the new ride a 2 wheel motorcycle they are not but they are a great ride. My bride and I love ours don't be concerned to ask questions a wealth of knowledge and a great bunch of people live here on the forum. ride safely fearless.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:13 AM
KJB
Tourer
Received 73 Likes on 29 Posts

I think if we started a club just for us Trike riders who have them because of our wife or significant other, it would be a large club.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:40 AM
Clint44
Road Warrior
Received 660 Likes on 411 Posts

Another suggestion would be to join us

Old 07-27-2015, 11:38 AM
Tryker Dude
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Welcome, enjoy your new ride with your significant other. Just one more thing you definitely need to remember; KEEP YOUR FEET UP AT STOPS! Those passenger floorboards are hard on the back of the leg.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:52 AM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Like with anything after while you get so used to the TG it's second nature to you. Best advice is just to ride, ride, ride! Experience is the best teacher.

I'm 49. I had to come over to 3 wheels because of my kidney disease. Took the wife at least 3 years to get me to try one but when I did I was sold (yeah I can be stubborn). So glad she finally got my head out of my a$$. Even on dialysis days when I was doing Hemo I could and did ride. No way I could do that on 2 wheels!

Rax

Old 07-27-2015, 11:52 AM
TriGlide13
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had to get a Triglide because I lost my left leg in a bike accident.

Quick Reply: New trike owner