Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

rear ride height revisited

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep the info coming guys, I need as much ammo as I can get. They want the bike back after the first of the year, so all this will help. I've ordered all the factory manuals from Zanotti's, but at this point do not even know where the fenders are supposed to be.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:24 AM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddy WMC
Keep the info coming guys, I need as much ammo as I can get. They want the bike back after the first of the year, so all this will help. I've ordered all the factory manuals from Zanotti's, but at this point do not even know where the fenders are supposed to be.
My fenders are exactly 9.5" on each side on my 2009 TG.

Jim

Old 12-27-2010, 07:41 AM
triglide1
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Mine two. 9.5" on both. 2009 Tri here.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:51 AM
azbob09
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

9.75" on left & 9.5" on right. I never noticed until I measured but it's been ok for 20k so I guess I won't worry!

Last edited by azbob09; 12-27-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:09 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior

Thanks for the responses guys, looks like 9 1/2" seems to be where they should be.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:09 AM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

10 1/16" both sides rear of fender on wifes XXX

Old 01-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior

O.K.,
Here's an update on my fender alignment issue after the repaint. Took the bike to the dealer on 1-4-11. Picked her back up yesterday as we were waiting for a fender reflector. The box is perfectly aligned as are the fenders. The reflectors on both sides are now square.

Read the service invoice that was all warranty. The invoice states " R&R body and rear frame. Slot holes to make even per tech services reference #1159343. Reinstall body. Send to Doc's (the custom painter), to reinstall the reflectors correctly".

I'm now a happy camper as the trike now looks like it should. They installed my custom upgraded tourpak hinges at N/C for my downtime. Left the dealer and went over to Quality Window Tinting to have the Motorcycle Armor installed as the dealer had just cleaned the trike. Gotta wait another day to pick her back up as a front is coming through and it's raining!!

Old 01-11-2011, 12:19 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

O.K.,
Here's an update on my fender alignment issue after the repaint. Took the bike to the dealer on 1-4-11. Picked her back up yesterday as we were waiting for a fender reflector. The box is perfectly aligned as are the fenders. The reflectors on both sides are now square.

Read the service invoice that was all warranty. The invoice states " R&R body and rear frame. Slot holes to make even per tech services reference #1159343. Reinstall body. Send to Doc's (the custom painter), to reinstall the reflectors correctly".

I'm now a happy camper as the trike now looks like it should. They installed my custom upgraded tourpak hinges at N/C for my downtime. Left the dealer and went over to Quality Window Tinting to have the Motorcycle Armor installed as the dealer had just cleaned the trike. Gotta wait another day to pick her back up as a front is coming through and it's raining!!
Buddy, it’s good to hear that the dealer and Harley took care of you and that you are happy.

Jim

Old 01-12-2011, 09:20 AM
bronxbill
Road Warrior

Received 459 Likes on 282 Posts

Buddy,
Glad it worked out for you. I had a thought, if you are still looking for a mechanical shifter/clutch shoot me a pm. The local dealer designed a manual clutch/shift for one of the HOG members who lost his leg

Old 01-12-2011, 09:27 AM
TKanaley
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O.K.,

Glad to hear you got it taken care of! Do you know if the number you posted above (#1159343) is the HD Service Bulletin number for that fix? Just curious..

T

Quick Reply: rear ride height revisited