Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

rear ride height revisited

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Dogdaz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Level Adj.

My Tri was off 1 1/4 inches low on left side, I went over to the dealership today and they were adjusting it. It has eight bolts, four on each side to adjust the level and ride height. There is a rectangle in the middle of the frame that you reference to level it. Easy to level after you get the tupperware off. You adjust the bike frame to the rear suspension frame, it is slotted on each side. They had a new one on the showroom floor to do next. They also put in the Woods 555 cams and lifters and the Jackpot exhaust system and a Thundermax. I had the header ceramic coated to help with the heat. I already had a Doherty air cleaner on it. Can not wait to pick it up if the weather will just cooperate for a day or so.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:38 AM
Buddy WMC
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TKanaley
Glad to hear you got it taken care of! Do you know if the number you posted above (#1159343) is the HD Service Bulletin number for that fix? Just curious..

T
Not sure if it was a HD Service Bulletin number or tech bulletin. I posted word for word what was on the RO. I know that the dealer asked me to wait until after the first of the year as tech services was closed.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:05 AM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dogdaz
My Tri was off 1 1/4 inches low on left side, I went over to the dealership today and they were adjusting it. It has eight bolts, four on each side to adjust the level and ride height. There is a rectangle in the middle of the frame that you reference to level it. Easy to level after you get the tupperware off. You adjust the bike frame to the rear suspension frame, it is slotted on each side. They had a new one on the showroom floor to do next. They also put in the Woods 555 cams and lifters and the Jackpot exhaust system and a Thundermax. I had the header ceramic coated to help with the heat. I already had a Doherty air cleaner on it. Can not wait to pick it up if the weather will just cooperate for a day or so.
glad your tri is getting setup right, you are gonna like that thundermax tunner,i have 4 of them on different bikes aand all work great

Old 07-08-2015, 02:13 PM
cyclgoat
Cruiser
Default Front wobble

I have a 2011 Tri Glide with 4000 miles on it. They just delivered it because I had shoulder surgery about 3 weeks ago and can't ride but a few blocks at the moment. Here's my question, I noticed from the back of it, it's 1 inch lower on the left side than the right. My dealer is going to pick it up to look at it but I took it for a spin just in the neighborhood with my wife and on small bumps the trikes left side dips a little more than the right and makes the front end wobble badly on almost every bump. Could the wobble happen because the left rear is dipping more than the right? And what might cause the dip on one side? No air leaks in the shocks and 30lbs. Tires are at the right poundage. Any help would be great!

Old 07-08-2015, 02:25 PM
Fearless (old nickname)
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 103 Posts
Default steering stablizer?

Possibly a leaking steering stabilizer? just sayin ride safely fearless

Old 07-08-2015, 02:38 PM
cyclgoat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Fearless (old nickname)
Possibly a leaking steering stabilizer? just sayin ride safely fearless
I checked that and no leak. I'm wondering what's making the left side dip way more than the right on bumps.

Old 07-08-2015, 04:27 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by cyclgoat
I checked that and no leak. I'm wondering what's making the left side dip way more than the right on bumps.
Is the tire pressure equal, or maybe the left shock is bad.

Old 07-08-2015, 04:41 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Both our '09 and '11 were low on the left side. Never had a 'wobble' problem with either. Steering wobble should be corrected with the steering stabilizer. If it wobbles, tell the dealer. They may have to replace it.

Old 07-08-2015, 05:10 PM
cyclgoat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by msocko3
Is the tire pressure equal, or maybe the left shock is bad.
The tire pressure is equal. Could the air shocks be bad even though they stay at 30lbs. They are on the same line.

Old 07-09-2015, 03:02 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by cyclgoat
The tire pressure is equal. Could the air shocks be bad even though they stay at 30lbs. They are on the same line.
Do you see any evidence of oil on the shock? Besides air, they have oil. If its leaking, its not going to work very well.