Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

New Triglide owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 11:20 AM
Fat Cat
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Triglide owner

Just closed the deal on the trike yesterday evening. Going to pick it up next week....should be ready for pickup Wednesday. Excited beyond belief. Feel like a kid...sorta like when I got my first bike at 13.

Suggestions for what I accessories I should put on it before it rolls out the dealer? It's black.

FYI...I really wanted to go with my local dealer but that "dang" sales manager ticked me off. When I asked him to match a price a dealer gave me that was 30 miles from me he challenged me...he said, that dealer doesn't honor a price they throw at you....he said they'll pad it with extra dealer charges when you walk in. Mind you it wasn't a tremdous difference. Local dealer was about $400 higher, without the security option...the other dealer was $400 cheaper with factory security.... I said, OK, thanks. I accepted his challenge, went to the other dealer and they gave me the deal as mentioned on the phone...simple, DONE DEAL.

If you followed my postings on the tri-glide, I've been tossing up the idea to go from 2 to 3 wheels for a few months, so I just wanted to let everyone know I did it and to say thank you for all the advice...you guys were very helpful.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:55 AM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

First, congratulations on your purchase!!! Second, floorboard extensions from Harley Goodies (a sponsor on the forum)....then it's downhill from there (lol)!!

Old 01-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Diesel-Dawg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

floorboard extensions from Harley goodies...suggest getting the 2 inch spacers, then a 12 volt connection in touring pak, street pegs, carrier rack, and better grips...and oh yeah, an in-dash installed RoadTec Zumo navigation. Even go for the chrome wheels, and avoid the pitting issues with the aluminum....That is what I did on my Black TG

Old 01-22-2012, 12:54 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats. You will learn to love it like we all do. Take your time with the add ons. You can always spend money.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:44 PM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome , I would first suggest the shock lift brackets then boot guard rail for the right side to keep your heel off the pipes. After you have rode it awhile some engine mods: stage 1, good tuner,headpipe, and cams.
Other than that I guess all of what the kids call "bling" that you can afford/want.

Last edited by icebite1; 01-22-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:51 PM
Fat Cat
Road Warrior

Thanks folks...you're right, the floorboard extensions are a must...I realized when I rented one awhile back, it was uncomfortable keeping my legs so tight into the engine just to keep my feet on the floorboards.

Also, I noticed some of you have the rear bumper....need your opinion if you would do it again or why you don't have it? .....is it functional?

Old 01-22-2012, 05:56 PM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Rear bumper should have been stock, get it .

Old 01-22-2012, 06:26 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

I've traded my TG in but having owned three trikes I would :
Rear bumper, Id rather some fool back into the bumper than all the plastic trunk...
Rear shock lift brackets..
Floorboard ext was not a must have for me, small feet, but I can see where they would be nice.
Bars, I like WO 575, but that's subjective.
Down the road maybe pipes, tuner and air cleaner....

Didn't say the year, but if 10 or 09 the 30T sprocket change is a must..

Congrats and enjoy

Old 01-22-2012, 07:31 PM
Fat Cat
Road Warrior

Forgot to mention, it's a new 2012 trike

Old 01-22-2012, 10:06 PM
TheBobs
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Congratulations Fat Cat

Quick Reply: New Triglide owner