Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Tri Glide Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Tri Glide Models Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Tri Glide Trike. Have at it!
Sponsored by: DK Custom Products

Welcome to HDForums.com!

P

Old 01-13-2011, 01:50 PM
Hang Around
Default Rear rims

Does anybody know wre i can get rear rims like these
Attached Thumbnails
Rear rims-2889515_863bbbf0-8587-4835-ba76-1a7a0efd449e.jpg  
Old 01-13-2011, 03:35 PM
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshea1234 View Post
I believe that is a Trike conversion kit. You need to find out who manufactured the conversion.

2009 Triglide - Wood TW555 Cams, Suspension Lift By TglideStuff, Butter Smooth Clutch Pull by ClutchWIZ.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:34 PM
Road Warrior

Quote:
I doubt if you're going to find anything like that for a TG.

Jim

Great American Classics...
CORVETTE & HARLEY-DAVIDSON !
Old 01-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Club Member
Default Proprietary Rims

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJimer View Post
I doubt if you're going to find anything like that for a TG.

Jim
Another aggrivating beef I got with HD is coming up with a rim design or pattern that no one else uses. As the aftermarket headpipe I see an opportunity here for an aftermarket wheel business to make some money. I would love to find some chrome reverse rims for the Tri and baby moon hub caps. The black wheels with the baby moon's shown look good also. I have been waiting for someone to give us a better selection of rims before I have these aluminum rims chromed. I hate cleaning these aluminum doughnuts and even if chromed won't like the style.

If all that exist is just an illusion, then I definately paid to much for my Harley!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe55 View Post
Another aggrivating beef I got with HD is coming up with a rim design or pattern that no one else uses. As the aftermarket headpipe I see an opportunity here for an aftermarket wheel business to make some money. I would love to find some chrome reverse rims for the Tri and baby moon hub caps. The black wheels with the baby moon's shown look good also. I have been waiting for someone to give us a better selection of rims before I have these aluminum rims chromed. I hate cleaning these aluminum doughnuts and even if chromed won't like the style.
Coupe, I’m sure that it was no accident that Harley “reinvented the wheel” by designing a unique size, pattern and off-set for the Tri-Glide rear wheel. By doing so, it almost guarantees Harley an exclusive market for chrome wheels.

We were fortunate that our head pipes were similar to the larger population 2-wheel version and it only took minor, relatively inexpensive modifications to make adaptation to the Tri-Glide; otherwise, I think that we would all still be riding 3-wheel furnaces. I suspect that the Tri-Glide wheel market is far too small for after marketers to invest in gearing up for.

Jim

Great American Classics...
CORVETTE & HARLEY-DAVIDSON !
Old 01-13-2011, 10:05 PM
Elite HDF Member

If you knew someone with a CNC machine, make a aluminum wheel, powder coat it black and slap the baby moons on them...but hold on to your wallet....
I suspect a trike kit, maybe ford or toyota read end...standard wheels in the picture..
as for chrome wheels, I saw on ebay a few selling for all three for around 900.00 to a 1000.00, cheaper with exchange...

2013 Hot White Pearl
Old 01-14-2011, 04:44 AM
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
If you knew someone with a CNC machine, make a aluminum wheel, powder coat it black and slap the baby moons on them...but hold on to your wallet....
I suspect a trike kit, maybe ford or toyota read end...standard wheels in the picture..
as for chrome wheels, I saw on ebay a few selling for all three for around 900.00 to a 1000.00, cheaper with exchange...
I thought I saw that on e-bay but they were around 3,000 for all 3 of them and came with new tires.

2009 Triglide - Wood TW555 Cams, Suspension Lift By TglideStuff, Butter Smooth Clutch Pull by ClutchWIZ.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:06 AM
Elite HDF Member

I checked again, 999.00 exchange for all three
Old 01-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Former Sponsor
Send a message via Yahoo to zoood

Quote:
Though I dont have a Tri-glide here to experiment with.
The hub that the tri-glides wheels mount too. Why dont one of you check to see if a pull behind trailer hub will fit. I know there's disc brakes to deal with. But do a search and see what you can come up with. Ive seen other hubs out there that had only 4 lug studs on them. The axles they slide on to are usually a standard size.

zoood
Old 01-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I checked again, 999.00 exchange for all three
You must be looking at different rims as the ones I saw were not an exchange.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:12 PM

P

Tags
2010, 2011, aftermarket, baby, bolt, chrome, glide, harley, hubcaps, moon, pattern, rear, rims, street, tri, triglide, trike, wheel, wheels