Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

will a bluetooth headset work on 2014

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 06:39 AM
KJB
Tourer
Received 73 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by screwball
Got fat fingers when typing. You are correct, SPH-10. Supposed to be delivered today or tomorrow.

Did you have a chance to use your SPH-10s yet? Anxious to hear how you like them. Also interested in any other half helmet system recommendations. Thanks.

Old 10-08-2014, 06:43 PM
MB1953
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by screwball
We have the Sena SMH10 units.

If you want to kick it up a notch, you can order (About 30 bucks) the accessory helmet clamp. It allows you to use any ear buds or headset you want instead of the helmet speakers they provide. I took a pair of Sony Studio headsets, removed the head gear and put the earpieces in the helmet recess. TALK ABOUT GOD AWFUL SOUND!!! I can listen to Santana loud enough to make my eyes bleed and no one is bothered with my volume.
OK, Screwball... you and COFLHTK convinced me. I returned the ScalaRider units; they had a good deal with the built-in FM radio, but the sound was weak except when we were standing still, the VOX was terrible, and the microphone was really flimsy, just a wired boom that got velcroed to somewhere on your helmet, not very sturdy. Bought the SENA SMH10 units, and are extremely happy with them. Wife and I each paired them to our phones, and we can enjoy our own music.

Intercom is solid. The included speakers are a little tinny, but my wife wears the kit to use earbuds (not legal for riders in FL, but OK for passengers) and the sound is incredible. I am going to pick up another of these kits and follow your lead with the headphone earpieces mounted in the helmet; I tested a set of mine with her kit! Down the road MAY add the SENA Bluetooth streaming adapter if I am really set on linking the system to the bike radio, but overall very happy with SENA.

Thanks!

Old 10-10-2014, 09:43 AM
COFLHTK
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by MB1953
OK, Screwball... you and COFLHTK convinced me. I returned the ScalaRider units; they had a good deal with the built-in FM radio, but the sound was weak except when we were standing still, the VOX was terrible, and the microphone was really flimsy, just a wired boom that got velcroed to somewhere on your helmet, not very sturdy. Bought the SENA SMH10 units, and are extremely happy with them. Wife and I each paired them to our phones, and we can enjoy our own music.

Intercom is solid. The included speakers are a little tinny, but my wife wears the kit to use earbuds (not legal for riders in FL, but OK for passengers) and the sound is incredible. I am going to pick up another of these kits and follow your lead with the headphone earpieces mounted in the helmet; I tested a set of mine with her kit! Down the road MAY add the SENA Bluetooth streaming adapter if I am really set on linking the system to the bike radio, but overall very happy with SENA.

Thanks!

Old 10-23-2014, 08:37 AM
KJB
Tourer
Received 73 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by KJB
Did you have a chance to use your SPH-10s yet? Anxious to hear how you like them. Thanks.

Screwball, if you posted an update about your new SPH-10s, I missed it. I want to get something and I'm wondering if that's the one to get. My wife and I both have half helmets.