Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Wireless Headset.........Has Anyone

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 11:05 AM
bill1nat
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2014 Wireless Headset.........Has Anyone

Hi, has anyone found a wireless headset that will work on the 2014 Infotainment system? I have emailed quite a few company's with no replys
Thanks

Old 09-16-2013, 11:41 AM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 277 Likes on 203 Posts

I was under the assumption when I first read that harley was adding bluetooth that the hwadsets will be as well. I guess not. Wireless is much nicer! It think the just made it bluetooth capatable to hook up phones and gps. Did you check with Scala Cardo or J&M.

I know mine isn't Harman Kardan, but here is what I do with my alpine. I have the Alpine, iPhone and and a Scala Multiset. I talk to Siri through my bluetooth headset to play Pandora iPod or whatever command I want and the phone switches to what I ask and then goes through the radio.

Maybe you could do that with the newer radios?

Old 09-16-2013, 01:04 PM
bill1nat
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I did check with them and waiting on replys

Old 09-16-2013, 01:10 PM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by bill1nat
Hi, has anyone found a wireless headset that will work on the 2014 Infotainment system? I have emailed quite a few company's with no replys
Thanks
I spoke with MOCO a week or so ago. They told me that it would NOT communicate with a BT headset. Apparently they only went half way on the BT or we'll be seeing a $400 BT headset with HD on it in the future.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:30 PM
MF2014
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bill1nat
Thanks
Sena 10 & Cardo Scala G9 will work with a "dongle" from AKE. Plug the Dongle into the 7 pin headset connector and then pair up your bluetooth devices.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:26 AM
NiteOwlNY
Tourer

Originally Posted by MF2014
Sena 10 & Cardo Scala G9 will work with a "dongle" from AKE. Plug the Dongle into the 7 pin headset connector and then pair up your bluetooth devices.
This is the first I'm hearing of this dongle, I know Sena makes their own but from what I'm getting neither will work correctly. I went and searched and found the product page http://www.spoiledbiker.com/product3326.html .

I just want the CB/Phone/GPS prompts into my helmet so Mono isn't a big deal, I'm wondering if this would work in the 2014, I'd pair the phone to the bike and not to my helmet.

My thoughts would be to get another 7 pin wire/harness, tap into the front port and run it into the tour pack where I could have the bluetooth dongle out of the way and there's also 12v power available in there.

Old 01-24-2014, 09:35 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

new Harley system works very well with J&M or Harley corded headsets ,,,,,,,

then you just link your cell/smart phone into the system for complete stereo audio and cell communications integration,,,,,,

the new system is one of THE BEST ever offered on a motorcycle ,,,,, ONCE you get used to the correct procedure to access all of the menu options and settings ,,,,

Old 01-24-2014, 10:00 AM
Boltsfaninmo
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JMJOHN

then you just link your cell/smart phone into the system for complete stereo audio and cell communications integration,,,,,,

the new system is one of THE BEST ever offered on a motorcycle ,,,,, ONCE you get used to the correct procedure to access all of the menu options and settings ,,,,
Even if it's true that it works very well (mine doesn't), still not wireless.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:23 AM
NiteOwlNY
Tourer

Originally Posted by JMJOHN

That's great, welcome to 2014 and the technology to transmit wirelessly has existed for years. There are many of us who hate cords coming off our helmets and would like a wireless solution.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:16 AM
Boltsfaninmo
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NiteOwlNY
That's great, welcome to 2014 and the technology to transmit wirelessly has existed for years. There are many of us who hate cords coming off our helmets and would like a wireless solution.
Yep i am going from wireless on my '11 to wired again on the newer bike. It does seem backwards.

Quick Reply: 2014 Wireless Headset.........Has Anyone