2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's got longer clutch/brake lines for apes?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 05:38 PM
sixshooter
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Who's got longer clutch/brake lines for apes?

Was at the dealer a while back and they had in their aftermarket book extended lines for brake and clutch for '14's with taller than 14" apes. Just curious who on here has swapped out lines and what you used. I think the ones the dealer showed me were Goodrich? One thing I'm not sure if I liked about them was the line was 2 piece, so the shorter end section could be swapped out for taller or shorter bars down the road without having to replace all the way back to the linked brake/abs module. I'm going to order a set before winter as part of my mod accumulation so I don't nickel and dime myself to death when I do 16" apes.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:25 PM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,458 Likes on 755 Posts

They are Goodridge lines, and on my 14 king they are [3] piece, the line itself is one section with JIC fittings on each end of the hose. there is an adapter for the master and one for the abs module for the JIC ends to attach.. The oem line is all one piece. Once the new line and two adapters are in place, future changes would be made by just the hose length and not from an adapter change. However the new brake hose I used has extra length that tucks into the headlamp housing, If I want to change bars again later its all there for me. I also had no issues bleeding the brakes, used a syringe and forced fluid from a front caliper back to the master. Lots of info at HD BIKE PARTS if you want to Google them. Hope this helps

Old 10-14-2014, 07:51 PM
sixshooter
Road Master

Thanks for the help, six. What does goodridge refer to the fitting on the abs module as? I think harley calls it a puzzle block or something? How tall did you go with bars, and how long over stock did you go with the cable? Also, is the clutch line also 3 piece, or different design?

Old 10-14-2014, 08:02 PM
sixshooter
Road Master

Did you order right from that hd parts site? I entered my info and filled in what bars I'm doing, but it doesn't specify the length of the cables they'll send. Do they give me that info after I place the order and they see what bars I'm doing, and then they ship the stuff out?

Old 10-14-2014, 08:27 PM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by sixshooter
Did you order right from that hd parts site? I entered my info and filled in what bars I'm doing, but it doesn't specify the length of the cables they'll send. Do they give me that info after I place the order and they see what bars I'm doing, and then they ship the stuff out?
Yes I did order direct from them, They know what to send you by the info you filled in. You can also call or just email the tech with any questions. Like their site says, they take the guess work out. they are a good company with good service. The clutch cable has the same sections as OEM. good luck with your project.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:44 PM
sixshooter
Road Master

awesome, I appreciate the help.

Old 10-15-2014, 01:07 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

I just bought a complete set of +4 cables from them,John from Wild One referred me to HD Bike Parts.I paid $384.95 for the set.Shipping (Priority Mail) $74.85!!!!!!!!

Old 10-15-2014, 05:32 AM
sixshooter
Road Master

Originally Posted by luisan
I just bought a complete set of +4 cables from them,John from Wild One referred me to HD Bike Parts.I paid $384.95 for the set.Shipping (Priority Mail) $74.85!!!!!!!!
$75 for shipping?!?!?!? I hope that's because you chose the fastest and most expensive option, and not because that's their standard shipping fee for a set. That's ridiculous!

Old 10-15-2014, 07:24 AM
sixguns
Grand HDF Member

My bars, wire extensions, bleeder, line, cable and trans gasket cost $606.30 with free shipping.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:49 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by sixshooter
$75 for shipping?!?!?!? I hope that's because you chose the fastest and most expensive option, and not because that's their standard shipping fee for a set. That's ridiculous!
No,like I said USPS Priority.Maybe they've made a mistake and send me a refund!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Who's got longer clutch/brake lines for apes?