Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2240 Miles lost bottom end. Upgrade to Screaming eagel

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 03:10 PM
Bagged Out
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If they are offering a stage 4 build for $2,100 that is less than 1/2 price of the standard cost. I believe the cost of stage 4 OTD is $4,300?
That gets you a "decent" setup but more importantly keeps you in MOCO warranty.
If you are on the hunt for more power,it is something to think about.

Old 10-22-2014, 03:29 PM
Six7One
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would not consider it until I knew what was wrong. In detail.

Old 10-22-2014, 04:28 PM
rnkruse05
6th Gear

Total Stage 4 kit in addition the AC and the high capacity breather neck. They have not torn down yet so not sure. They did show me the stock crank set up and it is a sloppy POS set up. My concern is I go stock and it happens again out of warranty. Doing it know would save me a lot of labor cost and the difference in parts the warranty pays for.

But your all right. Should not even be talking about this at 2200 miles so they are admitting it is a poor product. Thanks for all the input.

Last edited by rnkruse05; 10-22-2014 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:34 PM
DD Dont
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jpalm
There is no way that I would pay $2,100 to "upgrade" parts that went bad after only 2200 miles. I've read about several similar stories where dealerships pressure people to go SE parts after the stock ones fail. This is one of the things that bugs me about HD. I totally get SE performance upgrades like pipes, tuners and air cleaners, but shouldn't our bikes already come with the "better" versions of things like rods, pistons, cranks, compensators, stators, clutches, etc? You know, the ESSENTIALS to keep them running. If they are telling us that the SE versions are more reliable, then aren't they basically admitting that they intentionally build their bikes with sub-par parts, only adding to the argument by some people that Harleys are junk?
Every part on our bikes is junk cheap garbage designed to fail because they know so many people upgrade things right out of the showroom. $20K+ that we pay for these bikes and thats what we get in return.

junk engines, junk audio, junk suspension, junk brakes, junk junk junk....

for the money they should build them with the "upgrade" parts on them, but there no money in that. I think the MoCo could give these bikes away for free and still stay in the black just from the parts clothes and jewelry sales.

/rant

Old 10-22-2014, 05:58 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 277 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by DD Dont
Every part on our bikes is junk cheap garbage designed to fail because they know so many people upgrade things right out of the showroom. $20K+ that we pay for these bikes and thats what we get in return.

for the money they should build them with the "upgrade" parts on them, but there no money in that. I think the MoCo could give these bikes away for free and still stay in the black just from the parts clothes and jewelry sales.

/rant
Geez. Why did you buy such a piece of junk at such a high price then? And heaven forbid that a company wants to make a profit. What's wrong with this MOCO anyway? LOL!!!

Old 10-22-2014, 06:45 PM
DD Dont
Cruiser

Originally Posted by '14 Limited
Geez. Why did you buy such a piece of junk at such a high price then? And heaven forbid that a company wants to make a profit. What's wrong with this MOCO anyway? LOL!!!
I made an uneducated purchase. Dont get me wrong, I love my bike, but the MoCo knows they get away with raping us on everything.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:57 PM
ejvette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm surprised someone with such a low opinion of Harley Davidson would even own a Harley-Davidson let alone a 2014 SG if I were you I would sell that junk pile and get myself a Honda

Old 10-22-2014, 07:17 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts

/rant
You must be a lot of fun to talk with at pit stops, for Polaris and jap bike owners.
I have a 14 King with over 8000 trouble free miles and I could not love this bike more. To bad you have so little respect for yours, cant be much fun for you to ride it. I hope in time you will find the bike that will make you feel better.

Old 10-22-2014, 07:46 PM
Nickatnyt
Road Warrior
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by jpalm
There is no way that I would pay $2,100 to "upgrade" parts that went bad after only 2200 miles.....
Yeah that ^^^^^^

Old 10-22-2014, 08:04 PM
Markallamerican
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are wanting more power it is the perfect time to do it. I did it back in 2004, lost an oil pump. I upgraded to a 103SE and paid about $2000.00 difference after extended warranty. If you are happy with the current power of the bike, save your money.

Quick Reply: 2240 Miles lost bottom end. Upgrade to Screaming eagel