Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2240 Miles lost bottom end. Upgrade to Screaming eagel

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 05:15 AM
Lonnie L Burnside
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Taking my bike in today 2014 Ultra sounds like a knocking coming from front left side of motor 4300 miles on it.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:15 AM
oakmossy
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

troll alert

Old 10-29-2014, 01:50 PM
TimLScheffer
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Silly Question, But do the Screaming Eagles come with the SE Parts on the motor?

Silly Question, But do the Screaming Eagles come with the SE Parts on the motor?

Old 10-29-2014, 02:17 PM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by rnkruse05
2240 miles and motor sounds like a rod knock in a car. HD dealership is pretty sure lower end is shot but still need to tear down. They are pushing upgrading to Screaming Eagle parts for complete engine as HD will pay labor and base parts cost. Considerable HP upgrade as well as reliability of parts.

My end $2100.00 Would you do it?
This may be what's going on here also, if not my bad but it sure looks like it.

Old 10-29-2014, 05:05 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

If your interested as I was about Harley's flywheel quality, check out this article from Thunderpress;

http://www.thunderpress.net/editoria...2013/08/21.htm

They claim in the article that our three-piece crankshafts are in fact very good.

Old 10-31-2014, 06:53 PM
Ricky2014
Intermediate
Default Junk Junk Junk

Wow, I thought I was the only one who bought a new bike with junk parts in it. Appearently not, everyone did! I love my bike now that I got rid of all the junk engine parts that were failing. This is so funny, cause everyone told me I was full of S*#$. I'm glad I upgraded my bike before it destroyed itself. I got 8000 miles out of my stock parts before i upgraded, but it was on its way to destructionville. 2200 miles is all you got? You must have gotten a lemon. Problem is, is Harley is just going to rebuild it with their junk parts. You'll be doing this again after your warranty runs out. Good Luck!

Old 11-01-2014, 01:24 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky2014
Wow, I thought I was the only one who bought a new bike with junk parts in it. Appearently not, everyone did! I love my bike now that I got rid of all the junk engine parts that were failing. This is so funny, cause everyone told me I was full of S*#$. I'm glad I upgraded my bike before it destroyed itself. I got 8000 miles out of my stock parts before i upgraded, but it was on its way to destructionville. 2200 miles is all you got? You must have gotten a lemon. Problem is, is Harley is just going to rebuild it with their junk parts. You'll be doing this again after your warranty runs out. Good Luck!
The owners that post 20,000 to 40,000 miles year one on their 14 Limited, without issues must be the luckiest Harley riders on the planet.

Old 11-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Do you ever quit? You are an idiot...Plain and simple...Plenty of high mileage bikes out there without issues...Quit lugging the crap out of your motor and maybe yours will be one of them. If you have a bike at all TROLL...

Old 11-01-2014, 09:08 PM
Ricky2014
Intermediate

Wow, there sure are a lot of nieve idiots out there! They probably just bought their first bike and believe everything Harley tells them. Oh well, i've seen the truth and they will too after they pull their heads out of their A#*. Keep reading all the other posts that other people are talking about, you'll come around. Your screen name fits "The Mouth".

Old 11-01-2014, 09:23 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Wow, there sure are a lot of nieve idiots out there! They probably just bought their first bike and believe everything Harley tells them. Oh well, i've seen the truth and they will too after they pull their heads out of their A#*. Keep reading all the other posts that other people are talking about, you'll come around. Your screen name fits "The Mouth".
Yep...This is my first bike... I don't need to read idiots like you that have nothing but negative to say. You have less than 20 posts and they are all negative...Buy a Honda douchebag...

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...trouble-7.html

Last edited by Northbound Southerner; 11-01-2014 at 09:42 PM.

Quick Reply: 2240 Miles lost bottom end. Upgrade to Screaming eagel