FI2000 PowerPro tuner

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 08:48 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 345 Likes on 238 Posts
Default FI2000 PowerPro tuner

Whats the deal?
The Fi2000 sounds like the perfect tuner. All you do is plug it in and it will self adjust instantly to any mods and the bike will run to top performance no matter the conditions.
No computers or maps to down load or touchscreens to mess with.
Why is it there seems to be so few on here with one? The ones that do have one seem happy with them, yet I cant find any dyno on them.
So, why are they not more popular?

Old 11-09-2014, 09:25 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by GPHDXLC
So, why are they not more popular?
Because they're turds.

My buddy has one, and sometimes, it runs like a raped ape.

But sometimes it runs like crap.

It "relearns" every time you fire the bike up, which on paper looks awesome. But in practicality, not as much.

That's why I use a flash tuner, I know what it's going to do....

And if I HAD to use a piggyback, I'd find one that can be set, like a Power Commander or V&H FuelPak

My experience, and YMMV.

Last edited by SafetyMan; 11-09-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 06:07 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member

[QUOTE=SafetyMan;13403280]Because they're turds.

My buddy has one, and sometimes, it runs like a raped ape.

But sometimes it runs like crap.

It "relearns" every time you fire the bike up, which on paper looks awesome. But in practicality, not as much.

That's why I use a flash tuner, I know what it's going to do....

And if I HAD to use a piggyback, I'd find one that can be set, like a Power Commander or V&H FuelPak

You must be right, not much feedback on this Thread. You got to admit it sounds like a cool deal. I think I will go PV.

Old 11-10-2014, 07:04 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member

I think I will go PV.
Sounds like a wise choice to me.

Old 11-11-2014, 09:10 PM
michaelwdavis
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the FI2000 tuner on my 2014 Street Glide Special last Thursday. I also have a set of Cobra 4.5 inch slip ons installed. The tuner is a simple plug and play. Connect the injectors, O2 sensors and then to the negative battery terminal and you are ready to go. When I did the initial install I was waiting on my HD Heavy Breather Elite Performance Air Cleaner Kit to come in. I installed the Air Cleaner on Saturday. I have had no problems. Bike idles smoother, throttle response is much crisper. It pulls hard from the bottom to the top of the RPM range. I have no complaints and haven't experienced it running like a raped ape. I've put around 500 miles on my bike since the install.

FI2000 PowerPro tuner-002.jpg

FI2000 PowerPro tuner-005.jpg

Old 11-12-2014, 03:45 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by michaelwdavis
I installed the FI2000 tuner on my 2014 Street Glide Special last Thursday. I also have a set of Cobra 4.5 inch slip ons installed. The tuner is a simple plug and play. Connect the injectors, O2 sensors and then to the negative battery terminal and you are ready to go. When I did the initial install I was waiting on my HD Heavy Breather Elite Performance Air Cleaner Kit to come in. I installed the Air Cleaner on Saturday. I have had no problems. Bike idles smoother, throttle response is much crisper. It pulls hard from the bottom to the top of the RPM range. I have no complaints and haven't experienced it running like a raped ape. I've put around 500 miles on my bike since the install

To me, running like a raped ape is a good thing.
They sound like a great idea but yet you hardly hear of any one with this turner.
SafteyMan said he knows a guy that has problems with his and SafteyMan had a good reputation on this Forum.
I have to wonder why I cant find dyno sheets on them. Thanks for a good report on one, could you up-date us on your bike after you get 2 or 3000 miles on her.

Old 11-12-2014, 05:11 PM
michaelwdavis
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To me, running like a raped ape is a good thing.
They sound like a great idea but yet you hardly hear of any one with this turner.
SafteyMan said he knows a guy that has problems with his and SafteyMan had a good reputation on this Forum.
I have to wonder why I cant find dyno sheets on them. Thanks for a good report on one, could you up-date us on your bike after you get 2 or 3000 miles on her.

I will definitely keep you updated. I did some research today by calling tech support at Cobra. Found out even though the tuner is self tuning inside of it on the circuit board is a adjustment where you can add more fuel or take away fuel. I also asked how it would work with the stage 4 kit that I plan on adding in the spring. He says as long as things stayed below 100 hp it will work fine. I asked why the 100 hp and he stated that anytime after that the stock injectors would have to be replaced with larger ones. Sooooo, as long as the stock injectors are kept he say's it will work just fine. I'm going to call my local HD shop tomorrow and see when I can take it in to put it on the dyno. I didn't have it run before which sucks but that will tell me where I am now. I'll keep you posted!! Mike

Old 11-12-2014, 07:01 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by michaelwdavis
I will definitely keep you updated. I did some research today by calling tech support at Cobra. Found out even though the tuner is self tuning inside of it on the circuit board is a adjustment where you can add more fuel or take away fuel. I also asked how it would work with the stage 4 kit that I plan on adding in the spring. He says as long as things stayed below 100 hp it will work fine. I asked why the 100 hp and he stated that anytime after that the stock injectors would have to be replaced with larger ones. Sooooo, as long as the stock injectors are kept he say's it will work just fine. I'm going to call my local HD shop tomorrow and see when I can take it in to put it on the dyno. I didn't have it run before which sucks but that will tell me where I am now. I'll keep you posted!! Mike
Cool, good luck.

Old 11-12-2014, 07:01 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member

Raped Ape = GOOD....

The guy I know is a neighbor, and since we've met, brings his bike to my garage for all his work.

It has an occasional stumble, we thought fuel filter, so the filter, housing, and everything related have been replaced. I now think it's the Fi2000 doing it, as it is very intermittent, and cannot be readily duplicated.

I truly wish you the best with it, I stand to gain nothing either way.

Old 11-12-2014, 09:22 PM
twitchcvma
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got VH FP3. Wish I would have gone Power Vision. VH has no maps for a new cam. So you are stuck with you have. Not a bad choice if you aren't going to cam your bike. But if you are, like I am, no can do. VH said they MIGHT have a map for a new cam by January.
So I gotta pony up for a new tuner...thought I would save some money. Ends up I am spending way more. Go with Power Vision...just in case

Quick Reply: FI2000 PowerPro tuner