Sponsored by:

Speed Volume

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 07:20 PM
tbrince
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Avc

14SGS,mine works well,knock on wood,I still have original unupgraded Boom. I'm Afraid to change it for fear of messing it up!!!

Old 02-03-2015, 07:51 AM
flyboyron
Road Warrior
Received 262 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by '14 Limited
Keep in mind that the AVC does not function if you're cabled to your headset.
That is odd! You would think that it would work through both the outside speakers and the headset.

No wonder mine has never worked! I only use the headset. I guess this weekend I will have to try it using the outside speakers and see how it works.

Using the headset, the volume needs to be increased also. They should put that into an update if it is possible.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:59 PM
TimLScheffer
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default DSP??? ( Digital Sound Processor)

Back in the Old Days the Volume was dumb... Enter the DSP... You would think the DSP is there to give you quality & clairty... Oh butt no... It is there to keep the Dozy Speaks out of Warranty situations... The debut of the Rush More brought us a 2 Ohm Speaker ( fail ) ... A Little Magnet under a big dish... The Amp they put behind it was just a little much for four 2 Ohm speakers so the DSP protects them... If you or the AVC turns it up too far the DSP starts robbing power & filtering harmful frequencies to keep the speaker from blowing... If you tweak everthing just right you can get just enough out of it to blow a speaker... I know... I have blown 3... So... It's a Waltz between the DSP and the AVC... When you get to a certain level the DSP starts robbing power & curbing frequencies... and the volume & clarity take a hit... So you crank it up... then as you slow down it breaks back over and the DSP gives back power & all the frequencies so it gets louder??? Enter the 4 Ohm stage 2 with bigger magnets... What are we gonna do with all those 50 watts per channel amps we bought... I know... we put four 4 ohm speakers in the SG and power the back two with a second amp mounted in the right rear saddle bag??? And We herald it as "Stage 2 Boom!"... Then when we get rid of all those amps we introduce Stage 3 Boom with four 4 Ohm Speakers & 1 amp that will drive them all like we shoulda done in the first place... Thank You Rushmore R&D Department... A.K.A. Owner Operators... We Luv You... Keep the new Ideas Cummin :-)

Last edited by TimLScheffer; 02-03-2015 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:45 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TimLScheffer
Back in the Old Days the Volume was dumb... Enter the DSP... You would think the DSP is there to give you quality & clairty... Oh butt no... It is there to keep the Dozy Speaks out of Warranty situations... The debut of the Rush More brought us a 2 Ohm Speaker ( fail ) ... A Little Magnet under a big dish... The Amp they put behind it was just a little much for four 2 Ohm speakers so the DSP protects them... If you or the AVC turns it up too far the DSP starts robbing power & filtering harmful frequencies to keep the speaker from blowing... If you tweak everthing just right you can get just enough out of it to blow a speaker... I know... I have blown 3... So... It's a Waltz between the DSP and the AVC... When you get to a certain level the DSP starts robbing power & curbing frequencies... and the volume & clarity take a hit... So you crank it up... then as you slow down it breaks back over and the DSP gives back power & all the frequencies so it gets louder??? Enter the 4 Ohm stage 2 with bigger magnets... What are we gonna do with all those 50 watts per channel amps we bought... I know... we put four 4 ohm speakers in the SG and power the back two with a second amp mounted in the right rear saddle bag??? And We herald it as "Stage 2 Boom!"... Then when we get rid of all those amps we introduce Stage 3 Boom with four 4 Ohm Speakers & 1 amp that will drive them all like we shoulda done in the first place... Thank You Rushmore R&D Department... A.K.A. Owner Operators... We Luv You... Keep the new Ideas Cummin :-)
Prior to Rushmore, the AVC was not handled by a DSP and I am not sure if it is in Rushmore or not. Rushmore was NOT the introduction of the 2 ohm speakers, I think that was 2006. The size/mass of the magnet has nothing to do with speaker performance, it's more about what the magnet is made from and the flux density. The use of Neodymium magnets has reduced the mass of magnets required. I remember when alnico magnets were the only thing used and these new things called ceramic magnets hit the speaker market. A lot of folks that that it was because the speaker manufacturers were being cheap when all along, the type of magnet just didn't require the old size. Are the Boom II speakers 4 ohms as I don't know but if they are 4 ohm, are you sure they are not wired to present a 2 ohm load? You do realize that having 2 ohm loaded speakers is more of a challenge for amps and not the speaker itself.

ETA: I stopped by my dealer tonight and the Stage II speaker they showed me was marked 2 ohms on the back of it.

Last edited by FinalShot; 02-05-2015 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:05 AM
pointcrossed
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thevirginian
I just upgraded my software of the BoomBox to the latest .3 version. Everything seem to work fine, except the auto adjust for the volume. I have the Speed Volume cranked up to the highest setting, but can't hear any difference in volume changes while riding at different speeds, or coming to a complete stop. Anybody experienced the same issue?
I did the update too, Mine works fine.

Old 02-07-2015, 06:37 PM
thevirginian
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Today I had a chance to ride and really test the radio again. The speed volume works, but it is not really that distinguishable. Maybe at first I was expecting a more audible difference in volume, but at least the volume does change with the motor noise.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:12 PM
PeteF
Road Captain
Received 79 Likes on 55 Posts

Initially after the .3 update my AVC quit working. It did at least work a little previously. Today, out of nowhere, and for some unknown reason, it started working again better than before. Perhaps it's possessed by some yet to be discovered force?