Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Infotainment "Favorite Button" issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 02:38 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 578 Likes on 418 Posts

I think the issue may be specific to the ipod media selection? Using a USB flash drive, it goes back OK each time. Using the ipod via USB it sometimes works, but mostly doesn't work? Could it be because the 6.5GT doesn't recognize/find the last point of play correctly for the ipod? Maybe the ipod needs to be stopped so it stays at the same point of play when it is "resumed"? IDK, just thinking out loud...

Old 07-16-2015, 02:52 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 277 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by bzb123
I have had my bike for almost 2 years. Only listen to the USB thumbdrive.

Every time I turn on the bike, the last song playing on the thumbdrive starts up.

Dealer did the 1.19.0 update while I was in for clutch recall.

Now, when the bike starts up, sometimes it starts with FM radio, sometimes it is weather band, sometimes it is USB

Freakin' annoying!

Had to finally activate the "favorite" button. Pain in the ****, but easier than toggling though the steps with the joysticks or getting finger prints on the screen.

dealer is "looking into it"....LOL
Yah, the infotainment system does have a mind of it's own for sure. Is the Favorite button at least keeping it's memory setting though? That's what I'm hoping to get working.

Originally Posted by Hammz
I think the issue may be specific to the ipod media selection? Using a USB flash drive, it goes back OK each time. Using the ipod via USB it sometimes works, but mostly doesn't work? Could it be because the 6.5GT doesn't recognize/find the last point of play correctly for the ipod? Maybe the ipod needs to be stopped so it stays at the same point of play when it is "resumed"? IDK, just thinking out loud...
I need to try a thumb drive. I did once just to experiment with it about a year ago and I believe it did the same thing as the iPod. I need to try that again as that could isolate the problem to the iPod.

Old 07-16-2015, 03:25 PM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,752 Likes on 1,059 Posts

Since I downloaded 1.19.1, my bike returns to the last media I was using. So, if I turned it off with the USB running, when I turned it back on, it goes back to USP.

Thats the reason I tuned to the radio so I could see if the FAV was working.

I have an IPOD - will hok that up and go to fav - see if it returns when I turn the bike off - and if not, if the fav will work.

Old 07-16-2015, 03:44 PM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member

OK - I am back.

I disconnected my USB thumb and connected my IPOD. All music is playing and I can see the names of the songs.

While playing, I hit and held the favorites button, it displayed and listed mine as IPOD. All is well. Turned the bike off..waited for all to clear (IPOD still connected) and turned i back on, It started to play my IPOD - I didn't have to do anything.

Next, I changed from IPOD to radio. Turned it off - disconnected the IPOD. Turned it on..radio came on. Connected the IPOD - it went right to the IPOD.

OK - so, I next, changed it back to the radio (IPOD still connected). Turned it off. When I turned it back on, it went to the radio. I hit the favorite button.. if identified my IPOD as undefined, started to play it..then changes undefined to IPOD.

Sounds like mine is working. Are you sure you have 1.19.1?.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:13 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cycle7447
OK - I am back.

I disconnected my USB thumb and connected my IPOD. All music is playing and I can see the names of the songs.

While playing, I hit and held the favorites button, it displayed and listed mine as IPOD. All is well. Turned the bike off..waited for all to clear (IPOD still connected) and turned i back on, It started to play my IPOD - I didn't have to do anything.

Next, I changed from IPOD to radio. Turned it off - disconnected the IPOD. Turned it on..radio came on. Connected the IPOD - it went right to the IPOD.

OK - so, I next, changed it back to the radio (IPOD still connected). Turned it off. When I turned it back on, it went to the radio. I hit the favorite button.. if identified my IPOD as undefined, started to play it..then changes undefined to IPOD.

Thanks for checking that. I do have 1.19.1, just downloaded it and updated the bike two days ago. The last check that you did is the one I'm having problems with....iPod connected and playing, turn ignition off. Turn ignition back on (after 30 seconds or days for that matter) and iPod starts where it left off...BUT...then go to radio, hit Favorite button and it randomly does nothing OR goes to my last FM station. Very weird. If I'm playing the iPod, switch to radio THEN shut down, restart later and the Favorite button would sometimes retain it's memory. That's with the prior versions. Since 1.19.1, the Favorite button has not retained it's memory once. I'm thinking of doing a factory reset and then reload 1.19.1.
I appreciate you taking the time to check that out for me. This let's me know to pursue this as a warranty issue or not. The last thing I want is an untrained service tech wrenching around on the bike and nothing gets fixed and then a scratch here or there or even bigger problems.

Old 07-18-2015, 08:19 AM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior

OK - I am back.

I tried a flash drive this time. Same exact problems so it's not the iPod. Also, under Home-Favorites, if I program one of those to the iPod it works fine as well until I cycle the ignition. It will show the Media screen but it doesn't play and the song info is blank. I'm going in for the clutch and saddle bag recall today and I'll have the dealer look at it. Not a lot of hope there though.

Last edited by RG Pilot; 07-18-2015 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:07 AM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member

A lot of this is interesting - we basically have te same radio - and the same fortware. I just wonder why it might be different.

One last thing to consider - try this. Go back to 1.18.1.... after that uploads, then try to upload the new 1.19.1. Shouldn't make any difference - but I came from 1.18.1 to 1/19/1.

Old 07-18-2015, 12:05 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior

A lot of this is interesting - we basically have te same radio - and the same fortware. I just wonder why it might be different.

One last thing to consider - try this. Go back to 1.18.1.... after that uploads, then try to upload the new 1.19.1. Shouldn't make any difference - but I came from 1.18.1 to 1/19/1.
No harm in trying that for sure.
The button holds it's memory during the same ignition cycle so I know the button works but once shut down, it looses it. It has to be in the software somewhere. Just a guess but maybe the newer updates are using more resident memory and there's none available for that part of the system. Who knows. It's really just a trivial problem but that's a feature I really use as it's a great shortcut from having to go through so many screens to change the music source.