How is your bike doing

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 06:01 AM
touchdown
Supporter

Received 1,662 Likes on 948 Posts
Default How is your bike doing

Traded in my 2014 streed glide on a new ultra Low. This is my question:

I have always put headers and power commander on my bikes and dyno it.
Has anyone just opened the a/c up and just put mufflers on and just run it? how does it run and are you happy. I just don't want to spend the money this time.

The following users liked this post:
RickLB (05-20-2016)
Old 05-17-2016, 07:15 AM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

If you are changing both A/C and mufflers you will need some type of tuner.... If your not looking to drop a little coin, you would be better off just doing mufflers. The new A/C is a little bigger then pre 14 anyways so you will not gain a whole lot by changing it and not tuning.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:42 AM
tcdillon
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did the same thing traded my roadking had cams kerker ex big ac purchase a 15 electra glide dec.14 didnt want to do all that this time must be an age thing this bike runs strong as is change out the mufflers put an fp3 on it change the a/c but didnt really make much difference the 103 high output is a great motor anything else is a waste of money unless u are running it a the strip

Old 05-17-2016, 08:55 AM
SIDECAR BOB
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

slip ons and a big sucker on my 13 rg , ran ok without a tuner, but, added a power vision and got a very noticeable improvement. On wifes cvo rk added the tuner only , stock otherwise, and also got an improvement. My opinion only , you can probably get by without a tuner with slip ons and a/c, but will gain little if any performance, but add a decent tunerfirst and you will be able to feel an improvement , and the tuner can be adjusted when you add anything else. FuelMoto has been very good to me as far as getting me a good base map for the powervision, and then let the auto tune tweak it after any upgrades

Old 05-17-2016, 09:50 AM
Bill1374
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This might be unforgivable here but I'm running stock all the way. Traded a SE110 on the 16SG and I'm quite happy with the 103HO as is. I must be getting old as I tried a set of Klockwerks slip ons and thought it was way too loud. Very nice at idle but the minute you went to throttle, very loud. Still looking for a set of slipons somewhere between stock and and the Klockwerks.

The following users liked this post:
whocares (05-17-2016)
Old 05-17-2016, 10:27 AM
wing_rdr
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had an 07 Ultra that I bumped up to a 103, with SE race tuner, SE breather, polished ports with true duals, monster ovals and a few other tweaks with the compensator, clutch and cams. It was running perfect and I was very pleased with it. Due to a transport truck that wanted my lane, on the start of a cross country trip, the bike was totaled in 2014.
I then purchased a 14 Limited and went with SE street cannons as the only upgrade to the engine. It was a great bike and performed very well. A garage fire last year took that bike. I now have a 15 Limited and have made no changes to the engine. It is pure stock. I am very pleased with the bike, how it performs, and appreciate the quieter tone of the exhaust system. Maybe as we age we get more mellow.
Owning a Harley allows you to modify and personalize your ride in many ways, depending on your tastes and your pocket book. And what works for one does not for another.
After 11,000 km, this bike lives up to everything I want in a touring motorcycle.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:02 AM
rydeer
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Much like Wing rdr I had an 06 road king. Samson mufflers cams, rejetted carb etc. Bike ran great and sounded great. I now have a 16 Ultra Classic. I only have 1000 miles, but I don't forsee any need to change it. Maybe slightly longer bars for My reach but otherwise leave it and just ride!

Old 05-17-2016, 11:09 AM
dixonk
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,508 Likes on 3,579 Posts

I would put headers on if not just to remove the insane amount of heat that radiates from the catalytic converter. I have tried 3 different air cleaners and noticed no difference from the stock air cleaner so I have a feeling that would simply be for looks. I have also experimented with a couple different mufflers and don't think they are as corked up as we are led to believe. Removing the cat or changing the headers seems to be the best bang for the buck. Catless stock head pipes are between 100-150 bucks. A cheap set of FM head pipes can be had for less than 400 up to 600 for the stainless ceramic. You can then invest in a tuner like the Power Vision which you could then use on any other bike you buy in the future.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:39 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,714 Likes on 2,689 Posts

She is doing fine and thanks you for asking.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:50 AM
flhchaz
Club Member
Received 1,285 Likes on 499 Posts

I have a 15 limited. All i did was some slip ons. I think it runs great.

Quick Reply: How is your bike doing