Sponsored by:

Seat mod by mcc

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 08:51 PM
bobbymac57
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Seat mod by mcc

I've had my seat off my limited low modified 4 times by mcc. With the exception of the first time when they did the super narrow mod I couldn't tell much difference in the seat when it would come back. They were always very friendly and eager to help make it right and the third time even paid the freight both ways. The fourth time it went in it was supposed to get a gel insert installed, but like I said previously when I got it back couldn't really tell any difference . I took it to a local upholstery shop this week and when he pulled the cover off to my suprise there was no gel insert. Now makes me wonder if they ever did anything to it other than the original mod. Sure wasted my time and money on this one. Really disappointed with mcc, hoping there is a good explanation of what's been going on because after dealing with them would never have expected this.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:10 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,991 Likes on 2,198 Posts

That sucks. Who's MCC?

Old 06-29-2016, 09:19 PM
Taranwanderer
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mean City Cycles in NC. I had good luck with them, but I only had the narrowing mod and a heater installed, and that worked out fine. I'm sure he'll want to make it right for you...

Old 06-29-2016, 09:33 PM
sixgun95
Tourer
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by bobbymac57
I've had my seat off my limited low modified 4 times by mcc. With the exception of the first time when they did the super narrow mod I couldn't tell much difference in the seat when it would come back. They were always very friendly and eager to help make it right and the third time even paid the freight both ways. The fourth time it went in it was supposed to get a gel insert installed, but like I said previously when I got it back couldn't really tell any difference . I took it to a local upholstery shop this week and when he pulled the cover off to my suprise there was no gel insert. Now makes me wonder if they ever did anything to it other than the original mod. Sure wasted my time and money on this one. Really disappointed with mcc, hoping there is a good explanation of what's been going on because after dealing with them would never have expected this.
Why did you send it back a 2nd & 3rd time? You paid for all 4x's or just, 1 & 4?

Old 06-29-2016, 10:21 PM
bobbymac57
Advanced

Originally Posted by sixgun95
Why did you send it back a 2nd & 3rd time? You paid for all 4x's or just, 1 & 4?
I kept sending back because it just wasn't comfortable. I could only ride 70-80 miles before I would have to get off of it. I paid the freight for all but the third trip. They certainly gave me the impression that they would do whatever it would take to make it right for me. Was really suprise when I got into the seat and found out they hadn't done what they said they were going to do. It wasn't just the money(total of about 300.-325) it was a two week turn around each time for me.

Old 06-30-2016, 05:34 AM
wenterkin
Cruiser

I hope your experience is isolated and they help you make it right. I recently got my seat back from them. The entire process was very smooth and they were very friendly. They shipped it back the same day of my seat's appointment. Seat looks no different from stock but is now much more comfortable. So far I feel money well spent.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:36 AM
sixgun95
Tourer
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Interesting, my experience with MCC was good. Bothersome part is the gel pad, thet were supposed to do it and did not not. Mistakes happen, lets face it. To send a seat back 2 then 3 x's, they were trying to make you happy - on the house btw! If the seat felt that bad, buy another seat - seats are like women, they work or they don't and if they don't get a new one - why throw money at it.

MCC has been around for years, never read anything other than positive comments. Looks like you both screwed up on this one. Have you notified MCC? They issue a refund? If so, forget it and go see Mustang.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:56 AM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,694 Likes on 828 Posts

I had two seats mod by MCC, and Ultra in 2011, low and narrow, and my RK in 14, The Ultra mod was great, don't remember having an issue with long rides. My RK seat, however, I dont' know if they went too low and narrow, didn't put enough memory foam back in, but I could only stand 2 hrs max on a long ride from Ohio to Texas last year. I have a CVO seat now, stock and we will see how that goes this year. The customer service was excellent for me both times.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:25 AM
bobbymac57
Advanced

Originally Posted by sixgun95
Interesting, my experience with MCC was good. Bothersome part is the gel pad, thet were supposed to do it and did not not. Mistakes happen, lets face it. To send a seat back 2 then 3 x's, they were trying to make you happy - on the house btw! If the seat felt that bad, buy another seat - seats are like women, they work or they don't and if they don't get a new one - why throw money at it.

MCC has been around for years, never read anything other than positive comments. Looks like you both screwed up on this one. Have you notified MCC? They issue a refund? If so, forget it and go see Mustang.
Never my intent to bash mcc. Have already had the mustang seat and tried several others as well. Decided to rework my low seat again and that's how I found the gel was missing. Not looking for refunds or anything else just stating the facts. And I know mistakes happen but do you really believe that it was just a simple mistake to not do what the seat was sent in for?

Old 06-30-2016, 03:28 PM
Chris57
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I had a great experience with Mean City Cycles. I sent them stock street glide seat and It was quick and worth every penny. I would call them and let them know what you have found. They seem very accommodating

Quick Reply: Seat mod by mcc