Sponsored by:

Flash cruise cont. to stay on.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 06:54 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts
Default Flash cruise cont. to stay on.

I wonder if there's a flash that can be done to just have the cruise control stay activated all the time instead of having to turn it on every time you start the bike?

Any info?

Old 12-09-2016, 11:42 AM
SprungDave
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

I understand what you want, and I suspect for safety reasons there will be no "flash" of your bike that can make it do what you want. I do not know of any vehicle on two or four wheels that the cruise control remains active after the vehicle has been shut off.

I do not want to sound judgmental, or argumentative, but, doesn't your finger have to hit the exact same cruise button to set the cruise control speed as the one that turns it on? On my bike (2014 FLHTP) the same switch turns it on and sets/resume/accelerates the cruise control. I just push the button in then touch it down to set in one motion. No real extra "work" to turn the cruise control on right before setting the speed.

What am I missing?

Ride Safe!

Old 12-09-2016, 12:02 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

Why ?

Old 12-09-2016, 12:10 PM
BezerkoBob
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by SprungDave
I understand what you want, and I suspect for safety reasons there will be no "flash" of your bike that can make it do what you want. I do not know of any vehicle on two or four wheels that the cruise control remains active after the vehicle has been shut off.

I do not want to sound judgmental, or argumentative, but, doesn't your finger have to hit the exact same cruise button to set the cruise control speed as the one that turns it on? On my bike (2014 FLHTP) the same switch turns it on and sets/resume/accelerates the cruise control. I just push the button in then touch it down to set in one motion. No real extra "work" to turn the cruise control on right before setting the speed.

What am I missing?

Ride Safe!
My '07 and '13 Ultras both had a on/off switch on the console for the cruise control that stayed on all the time when the bike was powered up. My '07 Equinox has a switch that stays on all the time as well. None of these three vehicles require "turning on the cruise" each time you want to use it after having shut the vehicle off. My '15 Ultra is like everyone elses in that each time you want to use it you must "turn on" the cruise. Why did they change this? Who knows? Maybe it was for safety reasons as stated above.

Old 12-09-2016, 03:02 PM
Yukon42
Road Captain
Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

... I do not know of any vehicle on two or four wheels that the cruise control remains active after the vehicle has been shut off...
My Chevy Sonic does and I believe most Chevy products do. My 08 Road Glide had a rocker type switch that I left on so the cc was active each time I started the bike.

Old 12-09-2016, 03:30 PM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

Ask a dealer's service guy if that is possible. I'm going to guess it is not.

Old 12-09-2016, 03:30 PM
r2t2k2
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Yukon42
My Chevy Sonic does and I believe most Chevy products do. My 08 Road Glide had a rocker type switch that I left on so the cc was active each time I started the bike.
I'm amazed that those got through the legal departments at GM and H-D. Musta been out at a lawyers retreat...

Old 12-09-2016, 05:04 PM
thealien
Road Captain
Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by r2t2k2
I'm amazed that those got through the legal departments at GM and H-D. Musta been out at a lawyers retreat...
Why? There are lots of safety overrides built in. Either brake, Clutch, throttle roll off. And in any of those cases you would still have to set it first? My 2012 Silverado has a switch powered on all the time (you can turn it off). My 2000 road glide had the rocker switch?

Old 12-09-2016, 05:49 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member

What am I missing?

Ride Safe!
Weird. Every vehicle that I've ever owned was just the opposite. The system was always active when the vehicle was started unless I physically turned the on/off switch off. That's why I seldom remember to turn it on till I try to use it nothing happens. No accidents in my ~60 years of driving either, so if it's a "safety feature", then I must have been really lucky!

Oh well... Screw it.

Old 12-09-2016, 05:53 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by thealien
Why? There are lots of safety overrides built in. Either brake, Clutch, throttle roll off. And in any of those cases you would still have to set it first? My 2012 Silverado has a switch powered on all the time (you can turn it off). My 2000 road glide had the rocker switch?
Yeah. It's incredible that back in the day ANYBODY lived through having to take make decisions themselves instead of having a computer do it for 'em!

No biggie. Can't do anything about it anyway.

Quick Reply: Flash cruise cont. to stay on.