greg09997
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 48 Posts

No, the maps are tied to your radio ID.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:36 PM
jeff53404
Tourer
Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts

In addition to adding/deleting/renaming roads, I believe POIs are also adjusted (e.g. restaurants, hospitals, gas stations, etc.).

One change I noticed when I updated my map was that many parks, rivers and lakes were now labeled.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:44 PM
kepros
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NavSync_NoNavContent SOLVED!

Answer to my previous question. I called Harley and was informed that the "Error:NavSync_NoNavContent" I was getting after trying to apply the "Important Update" was just a bad message. They said that my bike either already has the update, or doesn't need the update. So when I try to install I get the message "Error:NavSync_NoNavContent" which really means "there is no Nav Content that you need". They said if I wanted I could download a map update and it would apply just fine. So, I did and everything works as they described.

Old 02-18-2017, 05:12 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,851 Likes on 1,218 Posts

Originally Posted by kepros
Answer to my previous question. I called Harley and was informed that the "Error:NavSync_NoNavContent" I was getting after trying to apply the "Important Update" was just a bad message. They said that my bike either already has the update, or doesn't need the update. So when I try to install I get the message "Error:NavSync_NoNavContent" which really means "there is no Nav Content that you need". They said if I wanted I could download a map update and it would apply just fine. So, I did and everything works as they described.
Thanks for the update and good info.
I'll probably do a map update soon now.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:41 AM
Aviator5456
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

I take back everything positive I've ever said about the Boom GPS. I am taking a small ride from SoCal to visit some friends in Lake Havasu and then up North to another in Mohave Valley before finishing off in Laughlin. I usually start by inserting the zip, which for this area is 86xxx. The GPS only had 85xxx and 89xxx. I then thought I'd just put the street name....nope, not there either. I ended up using the scroll feature and after about the 6th time I found an area close to my destination. I had the same problem on my road trip last summer to Missouri. I was riding between Springfield, Mo and Eureka Springs, Ark and the roads weren't even on the map, let alone any of those small towns. Its a total POS....I even selected the nearest dealer, which had it for Eureka Springs but the route to get there had me go 100 miles out of my way. I'm just glad I have my iPhone and I had coverage...most of the way anyway.

Old 02-24-2017, 05:05 AM
kosanow1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Boom GPS is a joke. I live in a newer subdivision It was built in 2014 with all but a few lot still vacant. I just installed the 2017 map and it doesn't have my street or the new subdivision. I have not tried to program a new route yet so I will have to wait and see on that. There needs to be a class action against the motor company for such a useless POS. I noticed the same problem that Aviator 5456 had with the old map of poor direction and log out of the way routes.

Old 02-24-2017, 05:52 AM
nevets61
Road Master
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

For what we pay for these bikes the map updates should be FREE, at least for the first 5 years... May be putting my Garmin with LIFETIME updates on the new bike..

Old 02-24-2017, 08:21 AM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 452 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Aviator5456
I had the same problem on my road trip last summer to Missouri. I was riding between Springfield, Mo and Eureka Springs, Ark and the roads weren't even on the map, let alone any of those small towns.
Bullshit!

I ride that area all the time.
I have never once had an issue of any road showing up.
Every road I've ever been on between Springfield, Nixa, Ozark, Branson, Monett, Cassvilee, Kimberling City, Shell ****, Seligman, Eureka Springs, Berryville, Green Forest, etc.
They all show up just fine!

The following 3 users liked this post by RollaMo:
cabojunkie (03-13-2017), jimgpayne (02-24-2017), v2plus15 (02-10-2020)
Old 02-24-2017, 01:52 PM
QNman
Supporter
Received 3,713 Likes on 1,988 Posts

...I had the same problem on my road trip last summer to Missouri. I was riding between Springfield, Mo and Eureka Springs, Ark and the roads weren't even on the map, let alone any of those small towns. Its a total POS....I even selected the nearest dealer, which had it for Eureka Springs but the route to get there had me go 100 miles out of my way. I'm just glad I have my iPhone and I had coverage...most of the way anyway.
Originally Posted by RollaMo
Bullshit!

I ride that area all the time.
I have never once had an issue of any road showing up.
Every road I've ever been on between Springfield, Nixa, Ozark, Branson, Monett, Cassvilee, Kimberling City, Shell ****, Seligman, Eureka Springs, Berryville, Green Forest, etc.
They all show up just fine!
Aviator, that is weird. I've ridden those same roads also, and my GPS found all of them, even some gravel ones. Sounds like something is broken on yours.

The following users liked this post:
cabojunkie (03-13-2017)
Old 02-24-2017, 09:15 PM
v2plus15
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same problem on my road trip last summer to Missouri. I was riding between Springfield, Mo and Eureka Springs, Ark and the roads weren't even on the map, let alone any of those small towns. Its a total POS....I even selected the nearest dealer, which had it for Eureka Springs but the route to get there had me go 100 miles out of my way. I'm just glad I have my iPhone and I had coverage...most of the way anyway.
Something is very wrong then. I live in the Branson area and travel all the roads around here including Eureka Springs, and they are all in my Boom maps. I did install the 2016 maps upgrade last year, but they were all on the original 2012 maps that came loaded on my 2014 Tri-Glide too.

The following users liked this post:
cabojunkie (03-13-2017)

Quick Reply: Bought and intalled new maps