Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More rear visability

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 10:20 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

Those Ciro Bag Blades look like the CD TruFlex but cost a lot more. Used the truflex on TP and wired to r/t/b module thats already used for the light bar CD leds. Very bright and comes in different lengths and colors.

https://www.customdynamics.com/categ...-color-truflex

Attached Thumbnails More rear visability-highres_454838804-3-.jpeg  
Old 10-08-2017, 12:07 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,518 Likes on 2,137 Posts

I’m a little annoyed. Got the plasma rods Friday and went to install them this morning after watching the video on their website.

On their video it showed sticking them to the side of the filler panel, but on mine the edge of the panel isn’t a right angle like their video shows, it’s curved with only about 1/8” of surface to stick them to. No way would they stay on.

Hard to see, but the edge is rolled and there’s just not enough surface to adhere them to. Unlike what they showed on their 14 Street Glide on the video.

So I couldn’t install. I’m pretty annoyed. Unless I can fab up some kind of bracket (which I shouldn’t have to since they spec these as a fit for my 16 RGS, they will get returned.

Not keen on drilling into the filler panel to mount their flatz either. So I guess Custom Dynamics May not be in my future. Looking at other options now...

Last edited by Mchad; 10-08-2017 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:33 PM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

Electra Glo Saddlebag Run/Brake/Turn lights, they will get cagers attention.
Come in chrome or black with smoked or red len @ $229.95 or less at a 20%
off dealer of your choice. I also added CD Ringz in front & CD Fillerz in rear
turn signals.

John

Old 10-08-2017, 08:56 PM
Mchad
Club Member

I'm going to fab up, or have made, a couple of sheet stainless brackets for the plasma rods, since I already have them. Shouldn't be too difficult, here's what I'm going to do/have done/ The grey lines are the outline of a piece of stainless sheet that i'll bolt to the struts and stick the plasma's to. Should work well.

Last edited by Mchad; 10-08-2017 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:23 PM
Ohio HD Guy
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Get yourself a smart control strobe from Custom Dynamics

Old 10-11-2017, 05:44 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Just to update, I’ve abandoned the Plasma Rods idea. Decided to go with the Custom Dynamics Flatz instead. Was originally going to install both the flatz and the Plasma Rods, but yesterday I decided not to wait on whatever solution I came up with for the Rods. So I installed the Flatz. They are so damn bright i’m not going to bother with the Plasma Rods.

Here they are - it's dark in the garage so they''re a little over exposed but they are plenty bright. Adds about 4-5 times the illumination vs. the bullets alone.

Install was easy took about 30 min total.

Last edited by Mchad; 10-11-2017 at 05:46 AM.
The following users liked this post:
tlranger (06-10-2018)
Old 10-11-2017, 05:00 PM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

Yep that is bright, the cagers can see you now.

John

Old 10-11-2017, 06:15 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by OldPhat
Yep that is bright, the cagers can see you now.

John
I’m hoping, but I never count on it. Ride like your invisible. Every intersection I’m in gear looking at the mirror and a for way out...

Old 10-12-2017, 12:21 PM
ILLADELPHFATBOY
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
Thanks, but you're not following. The '16 RGS has no tail light. So a brighter tail light has no where to go.

I also already have the Custom Dynamics inserts which are great, but still only two dots off in the sunset for the absent minded cager.

I’m looking forward to the CD plasma rods and I’ll probably end up with the tri-bar as well.

Was hoping there was some other magic bullet for these visibility challenged bikes, but it looks like I’ve found most.

Don't sell the CD inserts/dynamic ringz short..They actually appear much larger from distance, due to the light output. they certainly don't look like 2 little dots. I have them in white on my front signals and from distance they look like 4" LED driving lights. My rear consists of the dynamic rings, the plug fillerz as running lights, the CD tri-bar, and the HD bag lights. My stops, tri-bar, and HD bag lights are hooked to the CD strobe module for braking. The rear of my bike is sick bright. Actually, more along the lines of blinding bright, if you ask those who have followed me in a car at night. If you hit me from the rear it's from being impaired, texting, or just being dumb....but it's NOT because you couldn't see me!

The following users liked this post:
tlranger (06-10-2018)
Old 12-01-2017, 04:50 PM
murray5p
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im looking at the Ciro Snake Eyes , has anyone installed them yet. They mount on the top front of the tour pack.

Quick Reply: More rear visability