Sponsored by:

? for '14 PV-2 users

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 10:02 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
Default ? for '14 PV-2 users

What information do you display on your gauge screen for day to day riding?
What do you garner from that information?

Does the GEAR # gauge work on yours?
How about anything to do with MPG? Mine won't read Economy Instant, or Trip A or B anything... miles nor fuel used nor anything.

Am I doing something wrong?

I know it doesn't need to be hooked up after the tune is loaded, but I leave it on the bars anyway.... never know when a good opportunity to datalog might arise.

Old 03-08-2014, 08:59 AM
nsdhoward45
Cruiser
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
What information do you display on your gauge screen for day to day riding?
What do you garner from that information?

Does the GEAR # gauge work on yours?
How about anything to do with MPG? Mine won't read Economy Instant, or Trip A or B anything... miles nor fuel used nor anything.

Am I doing something wrong?

I know it doesn't need to be hooked up after the tune is loaded, but I leave it on the bars anyway.... never know when a good opportunity to datalog might arise.
SafteyMan
I use the four box display 1 coolant temp 2 engine temp 3 head temp 4 intake temp
what i learned is the radiator fans turn on a 250 degs (coolant temp)
the heads run about 50-55 deg hotter than engine temp
No the GEAR# doesn't work for me either
No the instant MPG doesn't work for me either
Never tried the Trip A or B
I dont know if we are doing something wrong / if you find out let me know

Old 03-08-2014, 11:00 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member

I had the 4 box set up for

RPM
MAP
Engine Temp
Throttle %

Because I knew I was going to be doing some tuning runs, and wanted to learn how one affected the other.
I did a tune run yesterday, and put 99's in most of the boxes, got really good data.

Now I kept that screen, but did a six screen with all the temps., Engine, Head, Coolant, Intake and Ambient, and I don't remember what else I put on that one, just did the firmware update last night and went out and set it up.

It took me a while to find Head, played around until I realized there was an advanced setting.

I have manually input my fuel consumption, trying to dial that in on one of the triplogs, and it's getting better...
At the PV-2 setpoint of 1, I was showing like 2,100 gallons of fuel used in 140 miles, so I "R-caled" (reverse calculated) (the term we use in the oilfield when we have a known, but don't know the PPU's (pulses per unit) of a given meter) which changed the setpoint to .002. Next fill up it showed 7.3 gallons used, I put 5.2 in, and R-caled again, I was thinking the numbers were too big, and maybe that's why the Instant Econ wasn't working, but now I've got it low enough to where it should... so I have no clue.

I was going to call Jamie with some of my questions, but I hate to feel like a dumb ***, so I'll work with it for a while. It's not like it is necessary information while rolling, just cool to have.

My next step is to take her to the stealer for a dyno run or two, I'm really curious where my numbers are now, as it feels strong, but my *** dyno may just be telling me that to keep me happy.... Then to figure out how to build a map for "economy cruising", if necessary. I had a great tune on my '11 with TTS, all done via Vtune in the mountains, plenty of power (never dyno'd) and one day, when I behaved on the right wrist on a trip, I pulled 49mpg out of a tank. Once. LOL

Old 03-08-2014, 11:11 AM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 330 Likes on 251 Posts

SafetyMan,
I am using the PV 2 on my SGS and the fuel calculates no different then what your experiencing.
I did ask Jamie if he knew of a fix, was I doing something wrong. He was unaware of that and mentioned he had not had time to play with it but if so he would let me know.
As you said, not really necessary but cool to have

Old 03-08-2014, 11:18 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member

OK,

For giggles I went out and looked.

For some reason the HEAD TEMP is reading 59 degrees higher than it should. Bike is shut off, been sitting in the garage for 15 hours, everything should be the same temperature.

And I noticed the INTAKE AIR TEMP is running few degrees higher than it should also...

Old 03-08-2014, 12:16 PM
kipd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The instant MPG does not work, I used that readout on on my 2010 sg then when changing over to my 2014 back in October/November I noticed it and a few others channels no longer work. I called Dynojet and asked about it, and was told they had not realized it didnt work, they tested it on a bike they had on hand while i was waiting and agreed at that point it does not work.. I was told they would be fixing it in future firmware updates. After this last update a few weeks ago I called and asked again when it would be fixed and they now seem well aware it does not work and kind of made it sound like they may or may not be fixing it in future updates.
As far as readouts, Engine temp has always been my top displayed channel.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:03 PM
seabee_biker
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to jump on an old thread, but I am working through some issues that may include my PV2. There is no coolant temp option for me to choose on my gauge screens. I searched the list several times. I had this on my 12 Dyna and just bought a licence to use it on my 15 Limited. Do you think since the Dyna didn't have coolant, that the new license didn't include that either?

Old 05-24-2015, 09:32 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,849 Likes on 1,216 Posts

Originally Posted by seabee_biker
Sorry to jump on an old thread, but I am working through some issues that may include my PV2. There is no coolant temp option for me to choose on my gauge screens. I searched the list several times. I had this on my 12 Dyna and just bought a licence to use it on my 15 Limited. Do you think since the Dyna didn't have coolant, that the new license didn't include that either?
Did you hook the PV up to your computer and use the Update Client to get the latest firmware?

Old 05-24-2015, 10:51 PM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by seabee_biker
Run the Update Client and make sure you are using the right Map. The Air cooled map won't have coolant. It will load and the twin cooled will load on the Air Cooled but it will turn on the check engine light putting TC on Air bike. I am using calibration ID 15T103002401
On the gauge display I use the 9 panel. I have Head Temp top left, Trip A top right and it works fine Instant doesn't work, VE Front mid left, Spark Front mid right, and TP bottom left, and Map bottom right. If do my own tuning and find the TP and Map useful if you have an issue. You already have a good enough tach. When working on economy I will watch the VE and Spark at a given speed and gear. Was surprised to find out that light acceleration in lower gears were using the 25 to 35 Kpa and if leaned out the same as the 45 to 50 area it would jump a little in the 2500 to 3000 area. By being able to see the area problem is occuring in you can locate the issue area on the VE table and Spark table.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:48 PM
seabee_biker
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found it. I was using the basic settings for selecting the desired gauge. I didn't know there was an advanced group. I found the coolant and head temp settings there. Thanks!

Quick Reply: ? for '14 PV-2 users