Sponsored by:

yes..a few bugs with new 6.5 software

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 06:30 PM
hogowner69
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default yes..a few bugs with new 6.5 software

Well...finally with 60 degree temps here in NY I was able to get the bike out...

I loaded the new software on my 6.5 system...

I was streaming from my phone.....and every 5-10 minutes...the sound cut out for about 5 seconds...

I also noticed the screen was showing the song that was playing...but the time was not moving...now big deal...but a bug...

I can live with the sound cut out...but I hope it will be fixed in when new update comes out...

I didn't try my USB..so not sure if it cuts out or doesn't count down the time of the track...

Old 03-11-2014, 11:16 PM
JohnnnyB
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't had any problems with sound cutting out on usb, but ever since the new update, when I shut off the bike and start back up, it's a crap shoot whether it will remember to play from the usb or just randomly switch to radio. It never did that with the previous software version.

My biggest gripe on the whole system is I can't skip tracks forward or back when listening to music from the usb drive. Of course it was like that with the last software version too - nothing changed (unfortunately). Wondering if HD overlooked such a simple thing, or if I screwed up a setting, or if I'm the only one with this problem (bad hardware?). Grrr

Old 03-12-2014, 12:31 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 80 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnnyB
I haven't had any problems with sound cutting out on usb, but ever since the new update, when I shut off the bike and start back up, it's a crap shoot whether it will remember to play from the usb or just randomly switch to radio. It never did that with the previous software version.
I bought a 6" chinese lightning cord for my iPod Nano...

I thought it was the cord connectivity issues causing mine to do it. Now I've got to put the stock cord back in and see.

Old 03-12-2014, 05:21 AM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member

Received 247 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by hogowner69
Well...finally with 60 degree temps here in NY I was able to get the bike out...

I loaded the new software on my 6.5 system...

I was streaming from my phone.....and every 5-10 minutes...the sound cut out for about 5 seconds...

I also noticed the screen was showing the song that was playing...but the time was not moving...now big deal...but a bug...

I can live with the sound cut out...but I hope it will be fixed in when new update comes out...

I didn't try my USB..so not sure if it cuts out or doesn't count down the time of the track...
You do have Weather Band Alerts shut off right? If you have the alerts on they will interrupt the system...

Old 03-12-2014, 05:22 AM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member

My biggest gripe on the whole system is I can't skip tracks forward or back when listening to music from the usb drive. Of course it was like that with the last software version too - nothing changed (unfortunately). Wondering if HD overlooked such a simple thing, or if I screwed up a setting, or if I'm the only one with this problem (bad hardware?). Grrr
I think it's a setting, you have to have it set to seek...

Old 03-12-2014, 05:58 AM
Wayne Carlton
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure your raido settings are set to seek

Last edited by Wayne Carlton; 03-12-2014 at 06:00 AM.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:03 AM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member

... ...

Old 03-12-2014, 07:38 AM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

You should be able to skip tracks on the usb. It is the left hand joy stick.

Old 03-12-2014, 07:46 AM
hogowner69
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by IUOE ROB
You do have Weather Band Alerts shut off right? If you have the alerts on they will interrupt the system...
well..let's say there were on...wouldn't I hear them?...

I just get silence for about 1-3 seconds....then it comes back on...

like I said....that was with phone....not USB...

FYI...the volume and the skip track button work fine!..also the auto lowering of the sound when I am slowing down worked fine also...just the silence was a bit of a pain....

next time I am on the bike..will use the USB and see the results.

Last edited by hogowner69; 03-12-2014 at 07:48 AM.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:51 AM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by hogowner69
well..let's say there were on...wouldn't I hear them?...

I just get silence for about 1-3 seconds....then it comes back on...

like I said....that was with phone....not USB...

FYI...the volume and the skip track button work fine!..also the auto lowering of the sound when I am slowing down worked fine also...just the silence was a bit of a pain....

next time I am on the bike..will use the USB and see the results.
Do you also have the cb turned of not just the volume turned down?

Quick Reply: yes..a few bugs with new 6.5 software