Sponsored by:

Low Fuel Message questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 12:51 PM
budsbike
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Fuel Message questions

I know the bike asks you if you want directions to the nearest gas station when it senses low fuel (when the gas pump icon lights up). Three times now after the software update when I have been at low fuel the message appears only after I stop and fill it up? Does anyone know if you have to be low on fuel for a certian amount of time? I seem to remember before the last update that message appeared as soon as the gas pump icon illuminated. Anyone else notice this?

Old 06-27-2014, 03:09 PM
Rustrtal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

My bike asks me just about every time I fill up since the light is usually on when I get gas based on my commute. The only thing that happens while riding is that the odometer switches to "R" and # of miles left.

Old 06-27-2014, 04:09 PM
moorsie
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I found that if the fuel light comes on, the navigation option only appears after I have switched off the engine and started it again. If I keep riding with the fuel light on and don't stop before refuelling, I don't see the prompt to navigate.

Old 06-27-2014, 05:14 PM
riderideride
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

As I recall, low fuel light came on when R odometer had something like 50 miles to empty. Then when down to 20 miles left, the infotainment came up assistance

Old 06-27-2014, 05:24 PM
kc hog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This morning on the way to work the low fuel light came on. About the same time I received a message asking do I need directions to the nearest gas station.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:09 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

My light went on the other day, by the time I got to a station it had gone from miles remaining to LO, I filled it up and the miles remaing reset as I pulled away - quarter mile down the road it asked if I need directions to fill up.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:14 PM
Rockgeezer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by riderideride
As I recall, low fuel light came on when R odometer had something like 50 miles to empty. Then when down to 20 miles left, the infotainment came up assistance
Yep, this is similar to what mine does although the light usually comes on around 40 miles to go and then like yours, the gas station locations come up with about 20 miles to go. It's done this a couple times the same way so appears to be consistent on mine so I know what to expect which is good. And it all happens in real time, on the fly while I'm riding with no need to stop or restart.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:56 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

When the infotainment system comes on with Nancy Sinatra singing "These Boots Are Made For Walking," I know I need to find gas fast !

Old 06-27-2014, 08:51 PM
mrperez
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyTX
When the infotainment system comes on with Nancy Sinatra singing "These Boots Are Made For Walking," I know I need to find gas fast !
go fast to find the nearest gas station.
I was impressed when the GPS came on asking if I needed assistance to find a gas station, I feel we are getting spoiled gentlemen/ladies. Enjoy the ride.

Old 06-28-2014, 07:29 AM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

Yup ! Way to many electronics now day. Dealer asked if I wanted my cell phone synched to the bike when I bought it last month. "No thank you" I replied. The last thing I need is the distraction of a phone call when I'm riding.

Quick Reply: Low Fuel Message questions